Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Beccasmom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,889
Reply with quote  #1 
Does anyone have the scoring breakdown for Dance Xplosion? We are doing them next weekend for the first time and I can't find it anywhere on their website. (for example, what score is needed for platinum, high gold, etc. ) Thanks
0
DancingDawn2011

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 171
Reply with quote  #2 
This is what I wrote down last year:
Extreme Platinum - 287.5+
Platinum - 279-287.4
Elite
Gold

I couln't read my handwriting, lol.
0
Beccasmom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,889
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingDawn2011
This is what I wrote down last year: Extreme Platinum - 287.5+ Platinum - 279-287.4 Elite Gold I couln't read my handwriting, lol.


OK, thanks, that's a start, lol. 
0
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,992
Reply with quote  #4 
Wow, that is a huge range for their top adjudication.
0
Beccasmom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,889
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoesx2
Wow, that is a huge range for their top adjudication.


Yeah, I thought so too. I also find it strange that it's not on their website.
0
DancingDawn2011

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 171
Reply with quote  #6 
I think last year they gave out Xtreme Platinums and Platinums and don't recall seeing anything below Platinum.  We'll see what this year brings.  The schedule is sort of a mess and I recall they went out of order a lot last year.  Not my favorite comp.  
0
melissa745

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,464
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccasmom


Yeah, I thought so too. I also find it strange that it's not on their website.


Even starquest and starpower don't have the point breakdowns on their sites, so it's not really unusual to not have them there.
0
Beccasmom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,889
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa745
Even starquest and starpower don't have the point breakdowns on their sites, so it's not really unusual to not have them there.


Interesting. We've never done Starquest before and only did Starpower once, in 2013.
0
Jerseyboymom

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 569
Reply with quote  #9 
We did them this year (twice, actually, including an early solo comp) and in some sessions, they only gave out Xtreme Platinum and Platinum, but in other sessions, they gave the one below that as well. They are a little old-school on scheduling (you'll see routines with the same dancers scheduled back-to-back, which of course is impossible), but they were very flexible and worked around costume changes. They were on time or early each day.

I like the warm feel of the comp and the judges really seem to try to connect with the kids. DS particularly likes getting judges' awards from DXP because the judges will call the kids up themselves and speak to the dancer. He appreciates that. I haven't heard reactions to the judges' comments from the full team comp, but for DS's solos early this season, they were very good and thorough.

They also will tell you how far apart dances are in the overalls if the scores are close. We like that too, hearing that first and second were .3 apart or whatever. For the most part, I thought the judging was very fair.

The only thing DS doesn't like is that they separate the boys from the girls in solos - it's all treated as title with the genders separate. Title is free, which is nice. But as a boy, he doesn't find out if and where he would have placed in the "real" overalls unless he is literally first overall and gets the cash prize (which at the early solo comp he was, first time ever, woot woot).

Good luck!
0
Beccasmom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,889
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyboymom
We did them this year (twice, actually, including an early solo comp) and in some sessions, they only gave out Xtreme Platinum and Platinum, but in other sessions, they gave the one below that as well. They are a little old-school on scheduling (you'll see routines with the same dancers scheduled back-to-back, which of course is impossible), but they were very flexible and worked around costume changes. They were on time or early each day. I like the warm feel of the comp and the judges really seem to try to connect with the kids. DS particularly likes getting judges' awards from DXP because the judges will call the kids up themselves and speak to the dancer. He appreciates that. I haven't heard reactions to the judges' comments from the full team comp, but for DS's solos early this season, they were very good and thorough. They also will tell you how far apart dances are in the overalls if the scores are close. We like that too, hearing that first and second were .3 apart or whatever. For the most part, I thought the judging was very fair. The only thing DS doesn't like is that they separate the boys from the girls in solos - it's all treated as title with the genders separate. Title is free, which is nice. But as a boy, he doesn't find out if and where he would have placed in the "real" overalls unless he is literally first overall and gets the cash prize (which at the early solo comp he was, first time ever, woot woot). Good luck!


Thanks for your feedback. Are you doing their Nationals this year?
0
Jerseyboymom

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 569
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccasmom


Thanks for your feedback. Are you doing their Nationals this year?


No, though the kids are begging to do their Wildwood nationals next year. The older kids have fond memories of doing it years ago. Our SO wanted to try a regional first, since it's been so long since we did them. A few of the kids may go down to do the Xtreme Team (DS opted not to.)

We're doing Imagine in Hershey.

How about you? Are you doing DXP Wildwood?
0
Beccasmom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,889
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyboymom
No, though the kids are begging to do their Wildwood nationals next year. The older kids have fond memories of doing it years ago. Our SO wanted to try a regional first, since it's been so long since we did them. A few of the kids may go down to do the Xtreme Team (DS opted not to.) We're doing Imagine in Hershey. How about you? Are you doing DXP Wildwood?


Yes, we are, but Hershey sounds fun too!
And congrats to your son on his first overall!
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.