Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Beaniegirlsdancemom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone in MA have feedback on New England Dance Academy in Attleboro MA. They seem well established and have quite a competition team. Thinking of making a switch to here for this coming year and looking for some feedback if anyone has some! Thank you
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I think overall the studio is decent for a dancer who isn't looking to go on to dance in college or professionally. They offer pretty substandard ballet that would need to be supplimented elsewhere for a more serious dancer. The kids I know who go there are very nice and quite happy but most don't intend on dancing beyond high school. There is a regular poster here who has a daughter that goes there and she seems to be quite happy there.
Beaniegirlsdancemom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #3 
What studios would you recommend in the south of Boston / 95 corridor of MA for a dancer that is looking for a comp team and more professional development and for preparing for dancing beyond high school?
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Ugh, I hate to say it but I can't really make that recommendation. I searched long and hard and ended up at a ballet studio for the bulk of my DD's training. We go to Heritage Ballet in Lincoln, RI and the Talent Factory (1 day a week for contemp, jazz, ballet and improv) in N.Kingstown, RI. We live in Sharon and spend a LOT of time in the car. All of the studios in the area, I found, didn't have the emphasis on technique that we were looking for. 
LABaby

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I asked my brother since he lives in the Boston suburbs and my niece competes....he gave me three schools Charlotte Klein, Rhythm Dance Company and the Gold School. Feel free to PM me with any questions. 
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABaby
I asked my brother since he lives in the Boston suburbs and my niece competes....he gave me three schools Charlotte Klein, Rhythm Dance Company and the Gold School. Feel free to PM me with any questions. 

Charlotte Klein and Rhythm Dance are both in Central Ma (both are about 5 minutes from my house).  In fact I know people at CK, and my dd danced there from 5 to 8... and I wouldn't really recommend it.

Now Rhythm does seem to have a reputable program but, again, it's no where near the area the OP is looking at.

I agree that Gold may be a possibility.  I thought it was a reputable program but don't know anyone who has attended.
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Rhythm is a strong studio that I would recommend but as Heidi said its not in the area she's looking in. Gold school is a possibility but not a studio I would consider personally. Good training but absolutely zero time to explore anything beyond the studio. Not what I would want but could be good for others.
Beaniegirlsdancemom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks everyone for the suggestions ....but looking for reputable studios in Eastern MA around 95 cooridoor south of 128....Sharon, Canton, Walpole, Foxboro, Attleboror areas.
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
In that area your best bet will be NEDA. Just make sure to get ballet training elsewhere if you have a serious dancer. 
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermom128
In that area your best bet will be NEDA. Just make sure to get ballet training elsewhere if you have a serious dancer. 

This is exactly what we do. My daughter (actually all my kids, but only she is serious) go to NEDA and supplement ballet at Heritage 2 times a week. This arrangement is really working well for us.

NEDA is a great school. I love that my non comp kids get what they need and more serious dancer gets pushed like she needs to be. I agree that most of the NEDA dancers have no intention of dancing past high school, but there are a few teens now that plan on doing it. They almost all supplement their training somewhere else, but like dancermom128 said, there really isn't one perfect school anywhere.
tkmmhill

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
My daughter spend many years at the Gold School...I cannot recommend it highly enough!!! They offer great training in all genres....I cant possibly say enough great things about them! My daughter is a ballet teacher now and I can say without a doubt..that she is the dancer/ teacher that she is today because of the Gold School!!!
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
If you're willing to make the commute, like dancermom128, then I can't say enough about Talent Factory.  They had 5 graduating seniors this year, two are going to Marymount for BFA's in dance, one is going to AMDA for musical theater, and the other two are both minoring in dance at the colleges they will be attending.  And they have a strong competition team.  Besides all that, they really do try to provide as many opportunities to their dancers as possible.  But the older dancers do have a very heavy dance schedule, so it may be too much for someone with a significant commute.  We had about a 30 to 45 minute drive depending on traffic and that got to be a lot considering the amount of time DD was there.  So coming from your area, it may be too much.  But if your DD can get out to take some classes with Tara, I highly recommend it.  I know they try to have 1 day a week of open classes with her each season.  [smile]
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #13 
My daughter dances in Plymouth.  Great school but probably a bit far for you.
Beaniegirlsdancemom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #14 
What is the studio in Plymouth?
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaniegirlsdancemom
What is the studio in Plymouth?

The Dance Factory
Beaniegirlsdancemom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #16 
That's what I suspected! Saw them at several comps and Nationals this year.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: