Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dad_of_four

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I think I may have asked this question a long time ago
but I'm not sure if I ever got a satisfactory answer.

For those of you in the know, How does your dance studio keep track of the different cuts of each routine.
Invariably, throughout the year, changes are made, but we have no foolproof method to make sure the changes get tracked for the next Comp
It's usually the DT remembering the day before a comp: "Oh, I made a change... Let me get you a copy

HELP
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Our studio had a firm drop dead deadline for DT's to get their music in and after that no changes were allowed.
BellaBallerina

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
This is only my daughters 3rd year competing, but the music has never been changed after she finished learning the choreography.
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I am pretty sure that in general, once choreo is set, the music cut is final.  Sometimes it takes a while for the DT to actually create the final cut, but fairly early on.

Funny story: several years ago, Ash's DT used a cover of a song for her solo.  Then decided he liked the original artist better.  When he went to cut the song, he ended up adding 3 or 4 8-counts because of the way the music flowed in the original.  No biggie, but somehow, the first comp ended up with the cover artist cut instead of the original artist cut.  So Ash had to revert back to the original choreo on the fly!  It got fixed before our second comp!
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We have one teacher who is in charge of all the music. The other DTs get it to her by some date, and no changes can be made after that. 

I can't even imagine changing the music from one comp to another. We've changed choreography, but never the actual music.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.