Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 16      1   2   3   4   Next   »
littlep

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I know several people are intersted in which competition the dance moms kids are going to, and what the REAL results are from the competitions. Instead of several private messages going on, why don't we just post it in this thread that is clearly marked as containing spoilers so that no one gets upset. So if people who have the competition results from so far want to post them for everyone, that would be great, and also if you have any information about which competitions they are probably attending so that others can avoid those comps!
dancemama21

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Well for DTI I know mckenzie won 1st overall Paige 2nd overall The duet with Kendall & Maddie won 1st overall and the group dance won 1st overall. For the entire competition All ages I believe that the group dance won the highest score. The duet also won the "call back challenge" and was awarded highest overall score for all ages solo/duet/trios; however that Monday the competition said on their facebook that there was a mistake and that another duet that had an average age of I think 19-20 won the highest score for all ages solo/duet/trios. 

a little side note the studio of the real winner went on bragging about how they "beat dance moms in overalls" I would be more understanding if they were the same age but come on you cant compare a duet with an 18 and 20 year old to a duet with a 9 and 10 year old! 
beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemama21
Well for DTI I know mckenzie won 1st overall Paige 2nd overall The duet with Kendall & Maddie won 1st overall and the group dance won 1st overall. For the entire competition All ages I believe that the group dance won the highest score. The duet also won the "call back challenge" and was awarded highest overall score for all ages solo/duet/trios; however that Monday the competition said on their facebook that there was a mistake and that another duet that had an average age of I think 19-20 won the highest score for all ages solo/duet/trios. <br /><br />a little side note the studio of the real winner went on bragging about how they "beat dance moms in overalls" I would be more understanding if they were the same age but come on you cant compare a duet with an 18 and 20 year old to a duet with a 9 and 10 year old! 

Results for this competition are posted online at dancetroupechallenge.com. But their results page is weird....so are their results. They show overall scores with juniors and seniors mixed. Plus, they don't list the dancer's name...only the routine #, name of routine, and name of studio. They say further down that Mackenzie's number was "Lemonade," but that competed in the "Junior" category. Odd. Looks like they call their age groupings something very different than most comps. Looks like "teens" are called "secondary." Okay, I'm done analyzing. My eyes hurt! Lol!
Heyitsme

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Here are what they got at DTI:

JUNIOR Solo
1ST PLACE #211 LEMONADE ABBY LEE DANCE CO

(Junior at DTI is avergage age 10-11 ... Mackenzie would be in the Pre-Junior Divison (age 8-9) (or does she still compete as age 7?) anyway it does also say:            STAR TITLE PERFORMERS JUNIOR #211 LEMONADE MCKENZIE ZIEGLER) ) ... weird
It also got:
SOLO HIGHEST SCORES LEVEL TWO
2ND PLACE #211 LEMONADE ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY
(2nd highest scoring in the whole solo competition for level 2)

INTERMEDIATE Solo
3RD PLACE #205 I WANNA DANCE ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY

(Intermediate is age 12-13 Paige???)

JUNIOR duet/trio
1ST PLACE #217 SUGAR N SPICE ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY

According to the website they also got the highest scoring duet/trio of the comp
DUET-TRIO HIGHEST SCORES LEVEL TWO
1ST PLACE Sugar N Spice Abby Lee Dance Company

GROUPS LEVEL TWO
SMALL GROUPS HIGHEST SCORES
1ST PLACE #287 VOYAGE HOME ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY

COSTUME AWARD LEVEL TWO SOLOS/DUET/ TRIOS
#217 SUGAR N SPICE ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY

CHOREOGRAPHY LEVEL TWO GROUPS
#287 VOYAGE HOME ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY

(I guess it's a "weird" dance then...they always do great with "weird")

Hope that does help....and yes, the results page is kinda weird and confusing

(Source: http://www.dancetroupechallenge.com/greensboro_winners.htm)

dancemama21

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
DTI has weird age groups mckenzie was in the pre-jr age group Paige was in jr (there are also intermediate/advanced level 1 & level 2 all very confusing especially when you are at the competition). Their website is a little outdated and I agree very difficult to understand. My information was from the actual awards and then the facebook post. 

BoosMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
On Stage America this weekend - wasn't even looking for their results - saw on FB a local studio was there this weekend - and even more surprised the results were posted already

Junior - Solo
Advanced
9. KENDALL VERTES - OWE YOU NOTHIN - Abby Lee Dance Company
10. LUKASIAK CHLOE - LEFT IN THE DARK - Abby Lee Dance Company

Junior - Small Group
Advanced
1. PINK LEMONADE - Abby Lee Dance Company
2. OWN IT - Candy Apples Dance Center
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #7 
It's not the first time Kendall has beaten Chloe.
littlep

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Yes, from what I've heard Chloe already lost to Kendall this season and of course near the end of last season too. Maybe she is starting to get burnt out? Poor kid!
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
It might possibly be due to the fact that it doesn't seem that Kendall is doing as many outside appearances as Chloe is. She may be spending more time in the studio doing technique classes or just perfecting her solos. 
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymanddance
It might possibly be due to the fact that it doesn't seem that Kendall is doing as many outside appearances as Chloe is. She may be spending more time in the studio doing technique classes or just perfecting her solos. 

I'm not sure how these kids are getting academically educated let alone dance technique educated with these ridiculous meet-n-greet schedules and TV show filming!  It's just way too much in my opinion... 
3leftfeet

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
It's not the first time Kendall has beaten Chloe.

I know that Kendall had beaten her once before, but just figured that was a fluke..  Clearly Chloe is much better, so I don't know if it was the choreography or what, but if you watch both of them it's pretty clear who is the better dancer, at least at this point.  I realize that could change in the future, but from what I've seen, Chloe is much more advanced than Kendall.  In my opinion.

I agree that Chloe is the better dancer, but you have to remember that judging is subjective and more goes into the judging than just the dancer's ability. There are so many other things that could have contributed to Kendall beating Chloe. For example:

1. Kendall got ninth and Chloe tenth -- By how much did she really beat her? 10 points or a 1/10 of a point? Would different judges have given Chloe ninth and Kendall tenth?
  2. What was the choreography like? --Was Kendall's full of things she's used to doing and pretty much perfected while Chloe's maybe contained new elements that she hasn't perfected yet?
  3. Did Chloe have an off day? This could have been another "fluke."
  4. Did the judges just not like Chloe's routine? Or just like Kendall's better?

It is really hard to say that one beat the other because they are the better dancer unless they are doing the same elements, combinations, etc. (basically the same routine or two routines the judges see as "equal") and consistently place above the other.

One thing I really wish they'd do on the show is tell us what the judges actually said or thought about the routines instead of just Abby's take on things. (Even though we know that Abby is always correct and her opinion is the only one that matters. )

littlep

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
From what I have been told at the first competition this season Kendall came 5 and Chloe didn't even place in the top 10!
theyarg

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
I haven't been watching for a while, but maybe Chloe is getting burnt out from all of this.  She is a beautiful girl and a beautiful dancer, I think it is time she move on for more and varied training. 
littlep

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlep
From what I have been told at the first competition this season Kendall came 5 and Chloe didn't even place in the top 10!

That's very disappointing.  Do you know what comp this was and if they have results posted?  Thanks!

I thought it was in10sity in Denver, but I can't find any results online, so I could be wrong.

Edit: It might have actually been Fort Wayne? I'm pretty sure it was In10sity though!
zachjessmom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Thanks for this post! It's a great idea since this way only people who want to know the results can see them here.

KatieBsmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
I think Chloe would excel at a pre pro studio.
notime

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
WILD Detroit:

I "heard" that Candy Apples wins when they put together an all boys group that included Zack from AUDC.  Wasn't there, but folks from my studio were.  Still trying to figure out how Kendall competed as an eight year old...  They did use the Jan 1, 2012 age for the comp, but I thought that she was closer to Maddie's age.
notadancemom

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Kendall is 9, turning 10 this year. 
Klba37

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I think Kendall must be getting better cherography than Chloe, that is what always happened with Maddie & Chloe
notime

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
OK - so if Kendall is turning 10 this year, how could she have been 8 on Jan 1?  (Unless you mean this comp year...)

Are they getting better choreography or are they doing more with what they have?  I'm not a huge fan of any of the ALDC choreography, Maddie's included.  It seems stale and outdated at times to me.
bw182

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Nia won her first title this weekend in NJ!!

Kendall 3rd
Paige 4th
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw182
Nia won her first title this weekend in NJ!! Kendall 3rd Paige 4th

Yay Nia!
bw182

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #23 
I don't know many details, that's just what a read... Also I screwed up , I'm not sure it was nj
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Yay Nia!
bw182

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #25 
a new group dance with nick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUP2uG_vSLw the user also has the solos and duets;
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: