Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
jule425

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 
I thought we'd moved on from this show, then a local girl, that my DD has competed against multiple times, joined the cast.......ugh.
DonnaO

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #27 

For the dwindling number of people who still care, Abby Lee Miller's sentencing hearing, which was scheduled for tomorrow (Feb 24), has been somewhat mysteriously cancelled.

The request came from the prosecutor and the court immediately issued a cancellation notice.

However, the prosecutor then asked that the hearing be RE scheduled "at the earliest possible time". 

Abby herself caused something of a stir when she flew off to England last week. The prosecutors apparently had a cow (insert your own joke here; I'm just not going there) but the judge apparently allowed it and in any case she did indeed return yesterday.

And yes, Chloe did indeed say on camera that she's "thinking about competing again" although one suspects that it would largely depend on whether ALM is sitting in a cell in Allenwood.

dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
DonnaO you seriously need to get a life 🙄
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaO

For the dwindling number of people who still care, Abby Lee Miller's sentencing hearing, which was scheduled for tomorrow (Feb 24), has been somewhat mysteriously cancelled.

The request came from the prosecutor and the court immediately issued a cancellation notice.

However, the prosecutor then asked that the hearing be RE scheduled "at the earliest possible time". 

Abby herself caused something of a stir when she flew off to England last week. The prosecutors apparently had a cow (insert your own joke here; I'm just not going there) but the judge apparently allowed it and in any case she did indeed return yesterday.

And yes, Chloe did indeed say on camera that she's "thinking about competing again" although one suspects that it would largely depend on whether ALM is sitting in a cell in Allenwood.

Thanks for the update. DD17 and I used to watch religiously. Now that she is older, she is "over" everything.I haven't watched in a while. I did watch the final episode. Curiosity and nostalgia for sure.
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
I still watch it. DD has been over it for years. I do know they are already filming their next season because they just contacted dd's high school dance coach to invite them to "compete" at one of their upcoming "competitions". She declined.
fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #31 
We still watch too when we have down time on the weekends.  It's kind of like a train wreck we can't look away from.  My DD was so happy to see Chloe this week.  She's always been DDs favorite.
dancingymnast

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #32 
So, I have a question, since I'm still new to this. Was that last "Nationals" a real competition or also a fake one? I tried to look up the real results online, but can't find them.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingymnast
So, I have a question, since I'm still new to this. Was that last "Nationals" a real competition or also a fake one? I tried to look up the real results online, but can't find them.

It kinda looked more "real" which makes me wonder, are they just getting better at faking it?

I loved the last episode when Holly tried to make the kids leave the room for the moms to figh (you know, like every week!) and Kendall said they wanted to stay and watch. Everyone kind of laughed at it.

I have totally gotten sucked back into the show. I didn't watch for about a year, after Chloe left. I hope Abby and Giana are gone now though.

My theory is they are re-upping the show on the concept of Dance Moms OG, like they did with teen mom on MTV. I think Chloe, Mackenzie, and Jojo (not that she's really og but whatever!) will come back, based on rumors and how they talked on the last show. Also, I'm hoping that Chloe's little sister Clara is on the show. My DD7 has loved watching her YouTube channel.

I know its trashy TV, but I do find it enjoyable to watch. Guilty pleasure? Sure. I'll watch with my glass of wine until they start truly offending me again!
nowmomto3

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:

There is NO doubt it was a fake one.  Let's be real, what Nationals is held in the dead of winter in the middle of the dance season???
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5678StarMom
It kinda looked more "real" which makes me wonder, are they just getting better at faking it? I loved the last episode when Holly tried to make the kids leave the room for the moms to figh (you know, like every week!) and Kendall said they wanted to stay and watch. Everyone kind of laughed at it. I have totally gotten sucked back into the show. I didn't watch for about a year, after Chloe left. I hope Abby and Giana are gone now though. My theory is they are re-upping the show on the concept of Dance Moms OG, like they did with teen mom on MTV. I think Chloe, Mackenzie, and Jojo (not that she's really og but whatever!) will come back, based on rumors and how they talked on the last show. Also, I'm hoping that Chloe's little sister Clara is on the show. My DD7 has loved watching her YouTube channel. I know its trashy TV, but I do find it enjoyable to watch. Guilty pleasure? Sure. I'll watch with my glass of wine until they start truly offending me again!

I watched because I saw a preview with Chloe and wanted to see how it played out... I found it interesting that that Candy Apples mom (the one whose daughter auditioned for SYTYCD last season) lectured Kathy and said she couldn't be a part of a team that attacked the kids... I wonder if that's also a set up for her to join the other team next season... and I call it the other team instead of the ALDC because I'm wondering if Abby is going to return.  I just have an image of the producers going around to some of these dancers... like Chloe... and asking them, "will you come back if Abby is gone?"  lol
Herekittykitty

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #36 
I still watch too. It's a total train wreck and it's all fake and scripted at this point (if it ever wasn't), but I enjoy it. 
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 
I watch. I fast forward to dancing. My dd gave it up.
dancemom7777

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #38 
The mom of Ava from Candy Apples (think her name is Jeanette?) is either a dance teacher or a studio owner. So, I'm guessing the producers are thinking Abby will be out of the picture and Jeanette will swoop in to be the team's leader, allowing Chloe to come back on the team. But I'm also guessing that will be a short term solution and by mid-season, there will be a cliffhanger of Abby coming back and facing off against Chloe and her mom. Oh and because Jeanette turns her back on Cathy, that will set up a new rivalry for the team against the Candy Apples. I agree, the show is completely fake and a guilty pleasure, but I do really enjoy watching the drama and the girls' amazing dances week after week.
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:

It was fake. It was held in December in Asbury Park, NJ, about an hour or so away from me. Real Nationals all take place in the summer (in the US). 
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccasmom

It was fake. It was held in December in Asbury Park, NJ, about an hour or so away from me. Real Nationals all take place in the summer (in the US). 

Not to mention where the girls had the dressing room set up was where the dressing room for the entire competition was when we had a comp there a few years back. Not really room anywhere else unless they set up curtained areas in the main lobby.
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemom7777
The mom of Ava from Candy Apples (think her name is Jeanette?) is either a dance teacher or a studio owner. So, I'm guessing the producers are thinking Abby will be out of the picture and Jeanette will swoop in to be the team's leader, allowing Chloe to come back on the team. But I'm also guessing that will be a short term solution and by mid-season, there will be a cliffhanger of Abby coming back and facing off against Chloe and her mom. Oh and because Jeanette turns her back on Cathy, that will set up a new rivalry for the team against the Candy Apples. I agree, the show is completely fake and a guilty pleasure, but I do really enjoy watching the drama and the girls' amazing dances week after week.

If Ava's mom were the new Abby I don't think I could take it.  She annoys me... even when Ava auditioned for SYTYCD and all her mom did was sit on the couch off to the side she annoyed me.  lol

ETA I know another studio owner who was on the show, but she refused to participate in the drama so she wasn't asked to come back.  lol
nowmomto3

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Saw something over the weekend where the show is currently being filmed and it showed Chloe dancing with MDP against ALDC and it seems as though they were other choreographers with ALDC. Not sure how true any of it is though.....
LilMama

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowmomto3
Saw something over the weekend where the show is currently being filmed and it showed Chloe dancing with MDP against ALDC and it seems as though they were other choreographers with ALDC. Not sure how true any of it is though.....

Yes there are video footage of the awards on instagram.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:

She's a studio owner here in Michigan

http://broadwaydreams.net/index.html
DonnaO

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #45 
Here is video of Chloe competing with MDP last month against the ALDC. Reportedly MDP came first, ALDC fourth.

(At the start, she's on the far left)

People better qualified than I cam comment on whether, as some are saying, that Chloe "is not up to the other girls' standards". Perhaps so, but perhaps being out of competition for what, 2 years now may have something to do with it.

Either way, it's worth noting that Chloe, alone in the group and without other obvious artistic purpose, is featured at the very end holding a pair of handcuffs.

armydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #46 
Has anyone seen that Lilly is on pointe at the suggestion of ALDCLA ballet teachers? My dd showed me that and I was shocked; I can't believe that those "teachers" suggested an 8 year old for pointe and that her mom allowed it. That studio gets crazier ever season.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momcrew

She's a studio owner here in Michigan

http://broadwaydreams.net/index.html

She may still own the studio, but I haven't seen her or her daughter in a while. BDA was at a comp we were at recently. Neither mother or daughter were there. I would think they have moved on.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:

Given how they ended this season I could see Jeanine taking over Abby's team and taking Candy Apples on.  It will be interesting if that happens.
DonnaO

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #49 
So the hammer has dropped.

As if the Ziegler-trashing of ALM and the once-again impending sentencing hearing weren't enough, 3 of the remaining senior dancers - Nia, Kendall and Camryn - have bailed on her and thrown in with Chloe.

They're apparently now dancing with 8 Count Dance Academy inLA.

The girls had been dancing with Laurie-ann Gibson athe ALDC in Abby's absence for several weeks, but reportedly she Unexpectedly appeared at Devotion 2 Dance in Riverside CA and said she was back in charge the girls refused to take the stage, having previously been assured that Abby would not be back.

For her part, Abby has just posted that she will no longer participate in Dance Moms and lists a variety of grievances, mostly amounting to feeling that the producers don't give her enough credit.

meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #50 
Sounds like a good plot with Abby's sentencing happening this week.  If she's in jail she can't coach the team
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.