Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 11 of 11     «   Prev   8   9   10   11
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #251 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacaranda
I disagree with the older moms, too many years on this team have made them think they are irreplaceable and that the fans love them so much that they won't accept anyone new. But look at the history of most child stars. When they stop being young and cute the public has a tendency to forget who they are very quickly, and the child star who grew up in front of the camera end up with a plethora of problems.

How true that is. . .

Someday I would love to read about the real "reality" of this show and how much of it was really real.  And it will be interesting to see what happens to the girls as they grow up.
DDdances

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #252 
Has anyone else wondered what will Melissa do now that she won't be a " reality star?" No TV time?
I expect to see her next on Celebrity Apprentice or Wife Swap [smile]
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #253 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDdances
Has anyone else wondered what will Melissa do now that she won't be a " reality star?" No TV time?
I expect to see her next on Celebrity Apprentice or Wife Swap [smile]

She will turn into Kris Jenner and become the "mom"ager.

Ick.
LJK2dance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #254 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemonkaymom
I have watched this show since the beginning and kept watching despite knowing all the falseness of the competitions and the drama. I watched for the girls and the dancing and just put up with the drama. Yes, Abby is a nightmare and I dont think I would have put up with that kind of teacher or some of the dancemoms, too.
I did get a little teary eyed when Maddie and Mackenzie were crying as it reminded me of my daughters leaving dance when she graduated. I dont think I will continue to watch as the team is decimated and the minis are not relatable and their moms are worse. I enjoyed the fact that the original team were dancemoms and girls who knew each other and were friends. They didnt over glamorize the girls when they were little but let them be little girls. I know that changed but I could relate to them at first. I wonder if Maddie and Mackenzie will continue to dance and train and where. I will watch SYTYCD  Jr and will enjoy watching Maddie there.

My daughters attended a convention/competition in Pittsburgh this past weekend. Although they did not compete, Maddie and Mackenzie attended the convention under the ALDC name. So, at least for now, they appear to be continuing to dance and train with Abby!
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #255 
I caught some of that last show while flipping around the channels.  I saw the part where they said that Abby wasn't around during one show of the season because she was mad that Chloe was cast in a movie.  I googled it and am intrigued a little.  I remember Chloe as being a nice kid but pretty shy.  I can't imagine her acting.  I may try and see that movie.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #256 
I read someplace that Chloe just got her second movie.  It's on the Hallmark channel, but it's still a movie
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #257 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmckee
I caught some of that last show while flipping around the channels.  I saw the part where they said that Abby wasn't around during one show of the season because she was mad that Chloe was cast in a movie.  I googled it and am intrigued a little.  I remember Chloe as being a nice kid but pretty shy.  I can't imagine her acting.  I may try and see that movie.

My daughter is super shy.  You'd never expect her to be an actress or a competitive dancer but she is amazing at both.  Something about being on stage changes her.  The director of the play she is currently rehearsing for told us that she's never seen a kid that young (13 turning 14) able to show so much emotion.  So you might be surprised with Chloe.  Plus she has been off the show for several years.  People grow and change.  I used to be incredibly shy as a kid -even through college.  My kids are shocked because I now talk to anyone and everyone.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: