Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 11     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #101 
I just hope a bunch of half-trained kids aren't running out to buy LaDucas because they're the cool new thing- you need really strong ankles to dance in them, something they're not telling you on tv.  Also I can't imagine buying LaDucas for a kid whose feet are still growing, but maybe that's just me.  (honestly, I hardly ever see anyone in character shoes anymore, but that might just be the niche we're in)

eta:  DD has never worn them, but wearing split sole ballroom shoes was just starting to be a thing the last time I needed to dance in heels (LaDuca wasn't really mainstream yet).  I found them a huge adjustment from regular hard character shoes, and I have very strong ankles.  3" heels is kind of new, too.  It used to be 1 1/2 or 2".
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #102 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge
I just hope a bunch of half-trained kids aren't running out to buy LaDucas because they're the cool new thing- you need really strong ankles to dance in them, something they're not telling you on tv.  Also I can't imagine buying LaDucas for a kid whose feet are still growing, but maybe that's just me.  (honestly, I hardly ever see anyone in character shoes anymore, but that might just be the niche we're in)

eta:  DD has never worn them, but wearing split sole ballroom shoes was just starting to be a thing the last time I needed to dance in heels (LaDuca wasn't really mainstream yet).  I found them a huge adjustment from regular hard character shoes, and I have very strong ankles.  3" heels is kind of new, too.  It used to be 1 1/2 or 2".

We have a mega studio in the area and we competed with them last year and the majority of their older dancers had LaDucas for multiple dances.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #103 
Just think if there were a drinking game for every time Jill said "LaDuca"...wow that'd be a whole lot of shots!

I felt like I was going to hear "This has been a paid commercial message for LaDuca shoes" at the end of the episode. 
DanceMomof3DDs

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #104 
I saw that this show got renewed...kind of surprised. Wondering if they'll focus more on the mini team or the original team....and how this is all going to work if Abby goes to jail? 
kr12

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #105 
The rumor is that the Ziegler sisters are leaving the show.
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #106 
What! How exactly are they going to get 7th season out of this. The 6th season is just a mess.
DonnaO

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #107 
"Tis true. Both Ziegler girls are officially gone. Filmed their last show a couple weeks ago. Not sure why Mackenzie left. Maddie making more money elsewhere.

Nia is now the only remaining original.

I don't know how this fraud can stay on the air. Whether ALM goes to prison or not.

Maybe they'll decide to make it about good choreography and good dancers and actual competition and normal parents.

Nah.
fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #108 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaO
Not sure why Mackenzie left. Maddie making more money elsewhere.

She's got a modeling gig with Ralph Lauren so she's making money elsewhere now too.....
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #109 
Yeah, they've been teasing the zieglers leaving in clips for the next show for a few weeks now. I've watched most episodes this season so far and I'm not into it. Brynn doesn't draw me in, the rest seem very over it. It's time to pull the plug.
LABaby

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #110 
It'll be interesting to see where this show goes and where the girls/Moms/Abby all end up in five years....
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #111 
This show has become nothing more than a contest between Jill and Ashlee as to who can say the nastiest things about the other's child.
MamaTK

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #112 
Sad but true.  I hate to see the negativity directed at the kids.  (Despite that, we keep watching each week - unfortunately.)
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #113 
I agree with everything everyone has said.  This show is a train wreck.  But I keep watching.  Sigh.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #114 
Just saw the announcement that Maddie is going to be a judge on SYTYCD Next Generation [frown]
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #115 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileysmom

She's got a modeling gig with Ralph Lauren so she's making money elsewhere now too.....

Really she's cute and I don't want to be mean.... but I just don't see her as a model.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #116 
Quote:

I read that both Mackenzie and Maddie walked in a show for Ralph Lauren but did not read anything about her having an actual contract with him. Not saying she doesn't just that I found no info about her having a contract with them.
fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #117 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoesx2

I read that both Mackenzie and Maddie walked in a show for Ralph Lauren but did not read anything about her having an actual contract with him. Not saying she doesn't just that I found no info about her having a contract with them.

I can't get a picture to post but Mac and Levi Miller from the movie Pan are in the spring 2016 campaign ad for RL. Might not be contracted, but she's in their print ads too. Cute pics of them both.
2dornot2d

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #118 
Oh I saw Mackenzie in a RL ad (Teen Vogue maybe?).

Me: "that girl doesn't look like a model, cool!"
DD10: "mommy that's Mackenzie from Dance Moms"
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #119 
Quote:

I can't get a picture to post but Mac and Levi Miller from the movie Pan are in the spring 2016 campaign ad for RL. Might not be contracted, but she's in their print ads too. Cute pics of them both.

Lol, really? Small world, when DD13 was little, she was in the same class as Levi Miller at school. He is a nice kid, it blows our minds to see what he is up to now!
EJIDance

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #120 
I so hoped this season would be the last. This show has done so much damage to the perception of what dance is, that it will take years to correct. And not only to the perception of competition dance but dance as an acceptable activity for kids.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #121 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dornot2d
Oh I saw Mackenzie in a RL ad (Teen Vogue maybe?).

Me: "that girl doesn't look like a model, cool!"
DD10: "mommy that's Mackenzie from Dance Moms"

Ok so it's like any catalogue modeling.  They want normal looking kids.  That makes sense.  Good for her!
dancypants

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #122 
Oh, my. I thought that Kaylee looked familiar, and I remembered a very beautiful and promising rhythmic gymnast named Kaylee I saw some years ago. Who when I went to see how she was doing was in frankly horrifying competition dances and I remember thinking "that is a damn shame" because the girl had so much promise. And here she is with 2 little sisters in frankly horrifying Dance Moms, behaving horrifyingly. And now we have seen her mom so it isn't surprising.

Unsettling, I wish this show would go away!
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #123 
I had heard the Quinn sisters were going to be on Dance Moms this season, but it was still very disappointing to see. Kaylee, especially, does not need Dance Moms. She is a working actress, a model, and an amazing dancer. She won the Hope Award at YAGP this year! She came across as a spoiled brat on the show. She clearly didn't want to be there, but her mom forcing her to be on the show just made Kaylee look bad.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #124 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktyyyyyyy
I had heard the Quinn sisters were going to be on Dance Moms this season, but it was still very disappointing to see. Kaylee, especially, does not need Dance Moms. She is a working actress, a model, and an amazing dancer. She won the Hope Award at YAGP this year! She came across as a spoiled brat on the show. She clearly didn't want to be there, but her mom forcing her to be on the show just made Kaylee look bad.

While I have no idea who the Quinn sisters are, I agree, the episode made her look bratty(though I don't blame her for being upset over dancing in a group with 6 year olds), actually it made the all look bad pulling out last minute like they did...all for what? so they could say they were on the show and weren't impressed?
Dancexoxocolleen

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #125 
From what I read that Kaylee herself posted online, they were treated very very poorly in the 4 days they were at the studio. She didn't have an issue with dancing with younger kids (she said she did mini groups with her sisters last comp season), so i think it was things that we the audience didn't see that were causing her behavior.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: