Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 11      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #76 
I think Kendall is over all the drama but still wants to dance.  She is very talented at certain things but definitely has issues when asked to step outside of the "pretty" girl box she has put herself in.  If she can't get over that she really won't go far.
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #77 
The Kendall not wanting to wear the makeup to look old thing seemed VERY fake to me. As I watched it, I noticed some serious editing. DD and I both thought the same thing. I seriously wonder if she was having an allergic reaction to the makeup. Her face was very red after removing it. It would also explain why Abbey allowed her to remove the makeup. I think the producers decided to turn that around and make Kendall into the "bad girl" who only wants to look pretty, and they could then carry that arc over several shows until she finally redeems herself.

Also, when Kendall keeps saying that she is tired of this, I think she is tired of watching her mom argue with Abbey, whether it is real or fake.

This show is so fake and made-up that I really don't believe any of what I am watching on it anymore. However, we still watch because DD likes to watch the dancing. She is now getting caught up in catching the mistakes and editing, so we have almost turned it into a Mystery Science Theater 3000 kind of experience.
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #78 
If it's going to be fake, I say go all out! Have Jill and Brynn's mom fight it out, WWE style!

Seriously, both of them are acting like lunatics. Jill yelling at Brynn to have a brain. Ashlee trashing all the children. The fame hungry moms are getting ridiculous and it's certainly not a healthy, nurturing environment for those kids, scripted or not.
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #79 
I agree about Kendall, I think she just wants to dance without the drama.

Crafty, in the next episode after the makeup meltdown, Jill said Kendall was fine in makeup without latex, so I'm sure she was allergic.

I've made a game of finding the editing cuts and mistakes during the episodes. I'm pretty good at catching one scene with jojo and her bow bow, but it's missing in the next, or someone has a different outfit on. It's all fake, but my mindless guilty pleasure and I do enjoy watching the finished dances.
mackiecat

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #80 
That duet with Bryn just showed how weak Kendell is. Kendall's turns a la second were horrid. And why oh why don't these girls do turns in releve
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #81 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittenmom3
I agree about Kendall, I think she just wants to dance without the drama. Crafty, in the next episode after the makeup meltdown, Jill said Kendall was fine in makeup without latex, so I'm sure she was allergic. I've made a game of finding the editing cuts and mistakes during the episodes. I'm pretty good at catching one scene with jojo and her bow bow, but it's missing in the next, or someone has a different outfit on. It's all fake, but my mindless guilty pleasure and I do enjoy watching the finished dances.

Drat - I saw that episode, but missed the comment.

Sounds like we do similar things watching the show!

Thanks for the update!
mackiecat

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #82 
After reading the Gavin Morales post, I too fell into the well of tumblr. I did learn that Gia has left ALDS.
danceJ15

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #83 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty1
The Kendall not wanting to wear the makeup to look old thing seemed VERY fake to me. As I watched it, I noticed some serious editing. DD and I both thought the same thing. I seriously wonder if she was having an allergic reaction to the makeup. Her face was very red after removing it. It would also explain why Abbey allowed her to remove the makeup. I think the producers decided to turn that around and make Kendall into the "bad girl" who only wants to look pretty, and they could then carry that arc over several shows until she finally redeems herself.

Also, when Kendall keeps saying that she is tired of this, I think she is tired of watching her mom argue with Abbey, whether it is real or fake.

This show is so fake and made-up that I really don't believe any of what I am watching on it anymore. However, we still watch because DD likes to watch the dancing. She is now getting caught up in catching the mistakes and editing, so we have almost turned it into a Mystery Science Theater 3000 kind of experience.

We totally thought that too!
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #84 
Ok, I just watched about 5 minutes of this week's episode.  There were about 15 total dancers on the stage for awards!  What in the world are they trying to pull off with this charade?  Beyond fake at this point! 

I still cannot figure out why these mothers have put up with this ridiculous show for so long.  And now there is a whole new group of darling little minis and their awful moms making a$$es of themselves.  Time to pull the plug on this show and give the girls and their moms a chance to rebuild their dignity! 
Annaliesey

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #85 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackiecat
..... I did learn that Gia has left ALDS.

Awwww no [frown]
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #86 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaliesey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackiecat
..... I did learn that Gia has left ALDS.

Awwww no [frown]

Who could blame her? With Abby's financial issues I would think all the teachers should worry about their job security.

Younger dd watches so I watch with her. It really is just so ridiculous and all over the place. Those mini moms fit right in as they are just as combative as the originals. They were all attacking that new mini's mom. Jesslyn or whatever her name is(Jojo's mom) was such a jerk, saying little Kendyl's routine was babyish...SHE IS A MINI! What is it supposed to be?! I thought it was fine and her mom made a good point about Abby playing up Makenzie to look like she is still a mini. Her dances were pretty much the same at Kendyl's age only they had a ton of Acro in them.
kt923

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #87 
Here's the stage from the latest episode where they took first in mini and teen, first in teen solo, and second in mini solo. What a joke. 

Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #88 
Apparently the ALDC groups were the only two group dances at the competition, knowing this it is funny to see their acting. Holding hands and looking so anxious before the awards and their cheering reactions when the "won"!
highlandmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #89 
I really do not know why DD and I still watch this show, but it is like a darn train wreck.  Anyway when DD saw the stage her comment was "I have been in buses that had more people then that stage."  Pretty pitiful for overalls at a dance competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt923
Here's the stage from the latest episode where they took first in mini and teen, first in teen solo, and second in mini solo. What a joke. 

Charlie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #90 
There was an article about this. Link below.  The ALDC group dances were the only group dances entered.  There was also another ALDC mini who had a solo that competed,  but they didn't show it.  She placed first. Another thing I found interesting is that both the mini soloists were actually in the Junior Division, but they announced Alysa as the second place Small Wonders Winner (She's 9).  The results are posted on the Devotion 2 Dance website.   Alysa dances at my daughter's studio. We did a Dance Mom's competition a few weeks ago.  I think we were asked to come because of the Alysa connection. It's been interesting getting the inside scoop! 

http://www.ibtimes.com/are-dance-moms-competitions-fake-aldc-attends-season-6-event-only-15-entries-2186079
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #91 
Just watched episode 6, I think, on DVR. I think the min moms are WORSE than the originals. I know its fake, but they've no shame.

I have to share that I watched a previous episode today too. The one with maddies Bond girl solo. I remarked that maddies turns seem to be improving. My ds16, yes, my SON quipped, "mom, they've always been good. The show is rigged and she fumbled her turns on purpose." Lol!!!!!! I didn't think he paid that much attention. Ah, can you tell he has a sister who dances? Tee hee.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #92 
I was laughing when the mom last week said she almost called the cops on another when they were in the hotel.  Are they that crazy to act that way even when they're not being filmed?
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #93 
I get the feeling that new moms think that the way to get a more permanent spot on the show is to act crazy.
DonnaO

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #94 
As usual, you touched it with a pin.

We all tend to forget that this show is Dance MOM'S. The new mini mom's desperately want to be the new Kelly, Melissa, Christi and Jill and they know the way to do it is to act outrageously.

God help these little girls.
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #95 
It's been a while since the last post. Any one else not like the chat session with the girls during the commercial breaks? I've noticed kalani talks over everyone. Jojo is quite the character too. She's growing on me.
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #96 
Okay, I'm probably the only one still watching this, but what was with Jill pretty much doing a commercial for LaDuca?
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #97 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge
Okay, I'm probably the only one still watching this, but what was with Jill pretty much doing a commercial for LaDuca?

They all had brand new LaDucas on. Not a scratch, stain, wear, etc.  Total product placement.  My DD16 has been dancing in heels (not LaDucas) for three years.  It took her team about two minutes to get used to it.  More manufactured drama.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #98 

LaDucas on Dancemoms? LOL.  Another market for the very expensive but fabulous shoes. I'm so glad dd did not discover them until long after her feet stopped growing. Yes, she had danced in character heels, but LaDucas opened up a whole new world. She actually wears them for character class too. 

There's not a second on that show that is not manufactured. I am looking forward to the tell alls on this show when the kids grow up. 

I'll likely watch once the season makes it to Netflix or Hulu or whatever. Or watch and fast forward, as we usually do. 

meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #99 
And they showed every style of those shoes also.  From the strappy ballroom to the character shoes.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #100 
Too funny! Boots too? Dd couldn't wait to get the boots. I lucked out and found a pair on Ebay in her size for less than half the price. They only have a 2 inch heel instead of the 3 inch version she normally dances in. 

I'd tell her to watch this episode, but I know she is bogged down between her midterms (one exam and one project/paper), her normal classes and rehearsals. Maybe when she's home for break. Does anyone know what the episode number or name is?  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: