Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

Jacaranda

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #151 
The girls are all aged between 9-15, they are very young. At this age it is very easy to be swept up, especially with the sort of lifestyle they must be living. Perhaps deep down they do really want to dance seriously but with all they are doing for the show, I doubt they even have time to think about it much.

I think that even without the show these girls would still be dancing.

I too found it awful that Abby named the price of each gift, she was big noting herself as much as possible and making it easy for the girls to make comparisons to each other like always.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #152 
OK with all the talk about the Christmas show, I actually turned it on to watch in On Demand.  I couldn't begin to sit through the entire show but my only real comment is...

What in the world is with the hair and makeup on these moms?  They don't even look like the same people who started on this show!  Interesting to see what fame and fortune has done to them!
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #153 
I think all the moms, and the kids, *love* being on the show and being famous, and any complaining that any of them do about being stuck in "a contract" is compete bunk. If you watch all the moms on that Christmas show you can tell they are just beyond pleased w/ themselves, and even the kids are starting to become divas now (when I used to think it was just the moms). I really don't care about the extravagant gifts they all bought each other with their reality show money any more than I care about what Kim Kardashian bought her mom. The whole gift segment of the show was just so nauseating IMO.

Abby is the least dispicable one to me cause at least she is a business owner who is out for herself, she isn't dragging her own daughters into such a circus - and she at least doesn't do the whole "woe is me and my poor abused daughter, we are stuck in this awful contract" act as they go off to do more meet and greets that the moms do.
dancemama21

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #154 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizheiuranin
I didn't know why Abby had to name the price of each gift.... .

I dont think Abby actually "bought" any of the gifts given to the girls except for maybe Mackenzies. The Moms gifts seemed like a joke and I think she bought those. The gifts to the girls were probably sent for free by various companies. Kids look up to them and want to have what they have it is great advertising! At the end of the day it is all about the money. I dont think Chloe is taking classes like she should be which is why she hasn't improved much. Maddie, Mackenzie and Nia have all improved greatly since season 1. I give the show maybe another season with the same people otherwise they are going to have to move on to another sport or another group of people. 
zachjessmom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #155 
FYI, season 4 episode 10 results are on youtube. No one has posted them on the spoilers site yet, but I am sure they will. Looks like they were at yet another Masters of Dance in10sity competition. 
victoriargw

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #156 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty
I just saw the Dance Mom Christmas special and it would have been so cute, especially for children, if it wasn't for that vile Christy.  She is a really nasty unlikeable person.  And no, it's not just for the cameras.  I think Maddie is still adorable and will survive the poor training at Abby's studio and will be successful.  Either Chloe leaves now or she can forget dance for her future.  She is already lagging behind her peers, but she could catch up because she has natural talent.  It will be interesting to watch the competitions, because if Chloe is winning, they are definitely rigged.

In one of the episodes in the upcoming season, the ALDC and CADC kids attend a competition where they give out special "best overall solos" awards (across all age categories), and Chloe beat one of the best young west coast dancers for the 1st place trophy... so yes, they're still rigged.
purplerain

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #157 
There were only 20 dancers in Maddie and Chloe's age division at the last competition they attended. It was a really small comp
dancemama21

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #158 
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriargw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty
I just saw the Dance Mom Christmas special and it would have been so cute, especially for children, if it wasn't for that vile Christy.  She is a really nasty unlikeable person.  And no, it's not just for the cameras.  I think Maddie is still adorable and will survive the poor training at Abby's studio and will be successful.  Either Chloe leaves now or she can forget dance for her future.  She is already lagging behind her peers, but she could catch up because she has natural talent.  It will be interesting to watch the competitions, because if Chloe is winning, they are definitely rigged.

In one of the episodes in the upcoming season, the ALDC and CADC kids attend a competition where they give out special "best overall solos" awards (across all age categories), and Chloe beat one of the best young west coast dancers for the 1st place trophy... so yes, they're still rigged.
'

I definitely dont think it was rigged. A judge sits below the stage for a reason. Just because a young dancer does 8 pirouettes that may "look" amazing a judge can see that the heel is on the floor, knees are bent etc. Chloe beat her by one point I believe and it you compare the solos imo chloe was more clean than her the other young girl. 
epperly

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #159 
Maddies's custom dance...I can't. I just can't.
epperly

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #160 
Im sorry If you're going to put a number like that up there you really need to have the talent to back it up...
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #161 
I can't believe Maddie dropped her heel on a triple in that "Maddie" dance - DD and I had to rewind it to verify. For all Abby's hype about how much better she is than everyone else, you'd think she'd have a consistent triple - I'm sure Chloe wouldn't drop a triple like that.
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #162 
Oh, and Brooke has to be the most auto-tuned and computerized signer in history. She must be really bad if they have to modify and backup her voice that much. Wow! I don't know if any of those chart rankings that Kelly was quoting really mean something or not, but what she's doing doesn't qualify as "singing" IMO.
Gizheiuranin

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #163 
When Abby told Maddie, in front of the girls, that if they didn't want to support her (Maddie) then Abby would find a team that would!!!!! Where is the team work? . Abby has other talent that she needs to support and encourage and she totally fails in doing so. There are other girls on the team. We had a cake last year after nationals but it was for the whole team, not just one kid. Brooke sucks. She is making a fool out if herself. I can't believe kids buy her songs. Nia sucks. I can't believe she got a solo. She has little to no dance skills for a dancer her age. Abby said she is looking for a kid who has nice feet and legs and who can dance different styles. Well Abby you don't teach a lot of different styles and does this mean you will replace your own dancers because they all do the same dance moves over and over.
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #164 
I used to watch for the dancing-to see the choreography, etc. I used to be impressed by the dancers' talents. Not so much anymore. I haven't seen any improvement, and while Maddie's turns and leaps were impressive for a 7 year old, She's 10 now and it seems "been there, done that". Don't think I'm going to watch anymore because the dancing has gotten boring. Besides, Comp season starts soon, and Jump and HOF will go live, so if I really want to see some dancing, I can just stream it. [smile]
Jacaranda

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #165 
I was shocked at how bad Brooke's singing was. I don't know why they have her doing it. And Abby was right her performance is awful when she is on stage dancing but it was worse when she was singing, she just seems like she wants to slip in the back of the room and have nobody notice her, she does not show personality on stage.

I enjoyed the group dance but my eyes were drawn to Mackenzie for most of the face, it looked like it worked for her age, I don't know if they perhaps look a bit too old to be doing the steps? What did others think?

I enjoyed Maddie's solo, I know its often !Maddie, Maddie, Maddie but this child is hard working and drive and I think she does deserve to be successful.

Payton looked far too old to be dancing with this group. She did not look any more advanced than Mackenzie in this dance, but Payton looks like an adult and Mackenzie like a little kid. The crying was a concern, often the girls cry but they are able to step over it more easily than Payton was. If she has these emotional issues she will be eaten alive on this show.

I think Nia is a driven and hard working child. I did see improvements in her skill level with her solo, but something about it just did not look right. Like she was dancing in a body she hadn't grown into yet or something. But she has worked hard and been committed and I do think that deserves reward. I was very impressed with how diplomatic Holly was considering the things Jill was saying.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: