Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 7 of 10     «   Prev   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,514
Reply with quote  #151 
I think all the moms, and the kids, *love* being on the show and being famous, and any complaining that any of them do about being stuck in "a contract" is compete bunk. If you watch all the moms on that Christmas show you can tell they are just beyond pleased w/ themselves, and even the kids are starting to become divas now (when I used to think it was just the moms). I really don't care about the extravagant gifts they all bought each other with their reality show money any more than I care about what Kim Kardashian bought her mom. The whole gift segment of the show was just so nauseating IMO.

Abby is the least dispicable one to me cause at least she is a business owner who is out for herself, she isn't dragging her own daughters into such a circus - and she at least doesn't do the whole "woe is me and my poor abused daughter, we are stuck in this awful contract" act as they go off to do more meet and greets that the moms do.
0
dancemama21

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 465
Reply with quote  #152 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizheiuranin
I didn't know why Abby had to name the price of each gift.... .


I dont think Abby actually "bought" any of the gifts given to the girls except for maybe Mackenzies. The Moms gifts seemed like a joke and I think she bought those. The gifts to the girls were probably sent for free by various companies. Kids look up to them and want to have what they have it is great advertising! At the end of the day it is all about the money. I dont think Chloe is taking classes like she should be which is why she hasn't improved much. Maddie, Mackenzie and Nia have all improved greatly since season 1. I give the show maybe another season with the same people otherwise they are going to have to move on to another sport or another group of people. 
0
zachjessmom

Avatar / Picture

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 699
Reply with quote  #153 
FYI, season 4 episode 10 results are on youtube. No one has posted them on the spoilers site yet, but I am sure they will. Looks like they were at yet another Masters of Dance in10sity competition. 
0
victoriargw

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 137
Reply with quote  #154 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty
I just saw the Dance Mom Christmas special and it would have been so cute, especially for children, if it wasn't for that vile Christy.  She is a really nasty unlikeable person.  And no, it's not just for the cameras.  I think Maddie is still adorable and will survive the poor training at Abby's studio and will be successful.  Either Chloe leaves now or she can forget dance for her future.  She is already lagging behind her peers, but she could catch up because she has natural talent.  It will be interesting to watch the competitions, because if Chloe is winning, they are definitely rigged.


In one of the episodes in the upcoming season, the ALDC and CADC kids attend a competition where they give out special "best overall solos" awards (across all age categories), and Chloe beat one of the best young west coast dancers for the 1st place trophy... so yes, they're still rigged.
0
purplerain

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,034
Reply with quote  #155 
There were only 20 dancers in Maddie and Chloe's age division at the last competition they attended. It was a really small comp
0
dancemama21

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 465
Reply with quote  #156 
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriargw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty
I just saw the Dance Mom Christmas special and it would have been so cute, especially for children, if it wasn't for that vile Christy.  She is a really nasty unlikeable person.  And no, it's not just for the cameras.  I think Maddie is still adorable and will survive the poor training at Abby's studio and will be successful.  Either Chloe leaves now or she can forget dance for her future.  She is already lagging behind her peers, but she could catch up because she has natural talent.  It will be interesting to watch the competitions, because if Chloe is winning, they are definitely rigged.


In one of the episodes in the upcoming season, the ALDC and CADC kids attend a competition where they give out special "best overall solos" awards (across all age categories), and Chloe beat one of the best young west coast dancers for the 1st place trophy... so yes, they're still rigged.
'

I definitely dont think it was rigged. A judge sits below the stage for a reason. Just because a young dancer does 8 pirouettes that may "look" amazing a judge can see that the heel is on the floor, knees are bent etc. Chloe beat her by one point I believe and it you compare the solos imo chloe was more clean than her the other young girl. 
0
epperly

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 486
Reply with quote  #157 
Maddies's custom dance...I can't. I just can't.
0
epperly

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 486
Reply with quote  #158 
Im sorry If you're going to put a number like that up there you really need to have the talent to back it up...
0
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,514
Reply with quote  #159 
I can't believe Maddie dropped her heel on a triple in that "Maddie" dance - DD and I had to rewind it to verify. For all Abby's hype about how much better she is than everyone else, you'd think she'd have a consistent triple - I'm sure Chloe wouldn't drop a triple like that.
0
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,514
Reply with quote  #160 
Oh, and Brooke has to be the most auto-tuned and computerized signer in history. She must be really bad if they have to modify and backup her voice that much. Wow! I don't know if any of those chart rankings that Kelly was quoting really mean something or not, but what she's doing doesn't qualify as "singing" IMO.
0
Gizheiuranin

Avatar / Picture

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 909
Reply with quote  #161 
When Abby told Maddie, in front of the girls, that if they didn't want to support her (Maddie) then Abby would find a team that would!!!!! Where is the team work? . Abby has other talent that she needs to support and encourage and she totally fails in doing so. There are other girls on the team. We had a cake last year after nationals but it was for the whole team, not just one kid. Brooke sucks. She is making a fool out if herself. I can't believe kids buy her songs. Nia sucks. I can't believe she got a solo. She has little to no dance skills for a dancer her age. Abby said she is looking for a kid who has nice feet and legs and who can dance different styles. Well Abby you don't teach a lot of different styles and does this mean you will replace your own dancers because they all do the same dance moves over and over.
0
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,324
Reply with quote  #162 
I used to watch for the dancing-to see the choreography, etc. I used to be impressed by the dancers' talents. Not so much anymore. I haven't seen any improvement, and while Maddie's turns and leaps were impressive for a 7 year old, She's 10 now and it seems "been there, done that". Don't think I'm going to watch anymore because the dancing has gotten boring. Besides, Comp season starts soon, and Jump and HOF will go live, so if I really want to see some dancing, I can just stream it. [smile]
0
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,985
Reply with quote  #163 
I was shocked at how bad Brooke's singing was. I don't know why they have her doing it. And Abby was right her performance is awful when she is on stage dancing but it was worse when she was singing, she just seems like she wants to slip in the back of the room and have nobody notice her, she does not show personality on stage.

I enjoyed the group dance but my eyes were drawn to Mackenzie for most of the face, it looked like it worked for her age, I don't know if they perhaps look a bit too old to be doing the steps? What did others think?

I enjoyed Maddie's solo, I know its often !Maddie, Maddie, Maddie but this child is hard working and drive and I think she does deserve to be successful.

Payton looked far too old to be dancing with this group. She did not look any more advanced than Mackenzie in this dance, but Payton looks like an adult and Mackenzie like a little kid. The crying was a concern, often the girls cry but they are able to step over it more easily than Payton was. If she has these emotional issues she will be eaten alive on this show.

I think Nia is a driven and hard working child. I did see improvements in her skill level with her solo, but something about it just did not look right. Like she was dancing in a body she hadn't grown into yet or something. But she has worked hard and been committed and I do think that deserves reward. I was very impressed with how diplomatic Holly was considering the things Jill was saying.
0
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,514
Reply with quote  #164 
There were many moments when I mistook McKensize for Maddie and vice versa while watching that group dance - those two are still very petite and young looking while the rest of the group has grown up. In real life I think Maddie and McKensie, and maybe Kendall, would not be in dances w/ the rest of them just because of how different they look age-wise - like Maddie, McKenzie and Kendall can still do those cutesy Junior dances, but the rest of them just look too old and silly doing them.

I liked the song that went w/ Maddie's solo on the actual show.

I felt bad for Nia. She is just not at the level of the others.
0
dancemonkey

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 973
Reply with quote  #165 
I guess Dance Moms is a guilty pleasure for me. It makes me laugh. What mom sits around the studio to watch classes and rehearsals? Who has that time...unless your being paid to watch and argue. I'm embarrassed for these families. Its ridiculous.
0
meatball77

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,404
Reply with quote  #166 
That group dance was pathetic, it looked like something you'd see intermediate dancers of that age do.  The actual dance steps were slow and uncomplicated and the dance itself (aside from the tricks) looked like it was choreographed for a group of eight year olds.  Nia's solo also had no substance, it was trick to trick to trick and she performed it like that.
0
zachjessmom

Avatar / Picture

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 699
Reply with quote  #167 
Wasn't Nia's solo in the pre-teen category and Maddie's was in the junior?
But it looked like poor Nia didn't place at all? I wonder what her adjudication was?
0
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,243
Reply with quote  #168 
There was a Christmas special??????    Might have to try and find that on demand..

I was not impressed last night at all. 
0
duchessofdance

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 311
Reply with quote  #169 
In all honesty, Abby's right.. Brooke's singing is only considered famous because of the show. Brooke, when she was singing on that stage, was very stiff for my tastes. She does not know how to get confortable and "work" the stage. Also, that autotune is ruining her. I can't even judge her real singing voice because it is clogged with autotune. And ranking number "whatever" on ITunes is superficial because nibody knows what the rankings are determined by. It takes A LOT more dedication, connections, and WORK to become a singer than just getting the easy pass. Many people who work even harder than Brooke end up failing at selling a successful album or getting gigs.

And also, I know that the ALDC girls aren't the best dancers but to call all of them "jokes" is totally overkill. Who cares if Maddie dropped her heel on that triple. Tell me- does that ONE HEEL DROP- ruin her otherwise amazing performance, her smiling face, and her passion for dance? She did well, stop ripping on her for one mistake- that will be fixed at the studio. And Nia doesn't "suck" like some of you say, and can do a lot more at her age than most 11/12 year olds can do. And even if they aren't going to have successful careers in dance, their lousy experience on the show and Abby has taught them how to take the biggest "piece of poop" from everybody.

So overall, let the kids be kids. I'm sure many of your dd's make mistakes too. We are all human. There will always be better dancers than everybody. I'm sure that many of these girls are trying their hardest, and for those of you who say they "aren't impressed"- dancers don't dance to "impress people". They do it from their heart, because they love it so much. So consider what you guys say before you jump to conclusions about ANY dancer we find to be talking about. Sometimes it's hard- I do it too, but think for a moment, okay?
0
KiKi86

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 68
Reply with quote  #170 
Here are the results  from the comp that was shown:
http://www.sheertalentltd.com/index.php/2014-tour/wheeling-regional.html

0
notime

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,306
Reply with quote  #171 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemama21
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriargw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty
I just saw the Dance Mom Christmas special and it would have been so cute, especially for children, if it wasn't for that vile Christy.  She is a really nasty unlikeable person.  And no, it's not just for the cameras.  I think Maddie is still adorable and will survive the poor training at Abby's studio and will be successful.  Either Chloe leaves now or she can forget dance for her future.  She is already lagging behind her peers, but she could catch up because she has natural talent.  It will be interesting to watch the competitions, because if Chloe is winning, they are definitely rigged.


In one of the episodes in the upcoming season, the ALDC and CADC kids attend a competition where they give out special "best overall solos" awards (across all age categories), and Chloe beat one of the best young west coast dancers for the 1st place trophy... so yes, they're still rigged.
'

I definitely dont think it was rigged. A judge sits below the stage for a reason. Just because a young dancer does 8 pirouettes that may "look" amazing a judge can see that the heel is on the floor, knees are bent etc. Chloe beat her by one point I believe and it you compare the solos imo chloe was more clean than her the other young girl. 


When there is a competition where the participants are on an invite only basis, I would call it rigged.  They are selecting who these girls compete against.  Doesn't mean that they are faking the results (although I wouldn't hold that past them), but I wouldn't call it a true competition.
0
Scotty

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 783
Reply with quote  #172 
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessofdance
And also, I know that the ALDC girls aren't the best dancers but to call all of them "jokes" is totally overkill. Who cares if Maddie dropped her heel on that triple. Tell me- does that ONE HEEL DROP- ruin her otherwise amazing performance, her smiling face, and her passion for dance? ?


I love Maddie and think she has incredible talent.  The problem is that she isn't getting good training.  She was taught tricks at a young age and as she gets older that's not enough.  The lack of training is starting to show with feet that haven't been strengthened with repetitive exercises at the barre, etc.  I believe that Maddie, out of all of them, would be willing to do the work necessary to get ahead, but she isn't given the opportunity because of the show. 
0
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,830
Reply with quote  #173 
I think they are all good dancers as well but I have seen plenty of girls just as good or better. I think some people here judge them way too harshly. They are competitive dancers between ages 8-12, not grown up, professional dancers. Nia is perfectly fine for her age. Maybe not as technically strong as Maddie or Chloe but she is fine for her age.Maddie and Chloe are young too, sure they will drop their heels sometimes and fall out of turns sometimes. They still have a lot to learn. I'd have to look back to see who said it but saying Nia sucks is terrible. She is a kid who obviously works hard and is always in the shadow Maddie & Chloe. Maybe it's the best she can do. She enjoys it and works hard. It doesn't come as easily to some kids, even with the same training.
0
heidi459

Avatar / Picture

Diamond Member
Registered:
Posts: 5,465
Reply with quote  #174 
I suspect the harsh criticism is in response to the show's attempt to pass them off as the best of the best.  And to those fans who have bought it all hook, line and sinker.  I'm not saying it's right.  I'm just offering an explanation.  Call it a little harsh reality check perhaps.
0
Beccasmom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,724
Reply with quote  #175 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoesx2
I think they are all good dancers as well but I have seen plenty of girls just as good or better. I think some people here judge them way too harshly. They are competitive dancers between ages 8-12, not grown up, professional dancers. Nia is perfectly fine for her age. Maybe not as technically strong as Maddie or Chloe but she is fine for her age.Maddie and Chloe are young too, sure they will drop their heels sometimes and fall out of turns sometimes. They still have a lot to learn. I'd have to look back to see who said it but saying Nia sucks is terrible. She is a kid who obviously works hard and is always in the shadow Maddie & Chloe. Maybe it's the best she can do. She enjoys it and works hard. It doesn't come as easily to some kids, even with the same training.

[like]
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: