Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
DancerTilDawn

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Does anyone else who watche Dance Moms think that the dance the “Irreplaceables” did in this recent episode was wwwaaayyy too inappropriate for how old they are. Maybe its just me but a 14, 15, &16 year olds shouldn’t be spreading their legs wide open in booty shorts to the audience. Is there anyone else who is as shook as I am?
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I couldn't watch. But I think a lot had to do with costuming. But really I only saw the first ten seconds and the last 2. Highly inappropriate for a dance competition.
prancer

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #3 
Whoa. I wouldn't let my 14 year old do that dance, make those faces, or wear that bra on stage. We both felt uncomfortable. 
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
It was completely inappropriate in my opinion. The costuming and the moves.
mom2rb

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Yes it was inappropriate, but remember the fan dance that Abby had them do when they were 7 & 8 years old. Pot meet kettle.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Because the dances they did when they were seven and eight were so much better. . . . .

I didn't think the routine was appropriate but it was no worse than what they did as tweens and they're much older now (it's more innapropriate for the setting).
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I've seen way worse.  I found the dance to be boring.  I'm never that impressed with what I see on Dance Moms.  I'd put the kids at our studio up against their team any day.  I'm sure Abby would want no part in that because they'd lose.
AnnaBeav

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I did not realize the girls were not 17 - 18 years old. I am not an avid watcher of the show but I assumed they were older than 14-16. For a 14 year old I feel uncomfortable with the costumes and choreography.
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Apparently when this dance aired that is the reason why Brynn's mother took her off the show. She realised that if the producers where heading in this direction with the choreography then she wanted her daughter to have no part in it.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Yes, I thought it was inappropriate; it was awkward to watch.  A couple of the movements in particular really bothered me. . .
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieg
I've seen way worse.  I found the dance to be boring.  I'm never that impressed with what I see on Dance Moms.  I'd put the kids at our studio up against their team any day.  I'm sure Abby would want no part in that because they'd lose.

Well, yeah, that's why the stage is so empty at awards.  Can't let "just anybody" compete against them, or you can't control the TV script.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
That video clip you posted wasn't even good dancing, inappropriate or not. 
rubydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
I found it totally inappropriate. I was cheering Brynn's mom on.
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
It was most definitely inappropriate; however, as Meatball pointed out so was Electricity and the "fan dance" from the early years of the show, when the girls were only 8-10 years old. So for Abby to act all appalled and disgusted is just hypocritical.
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccasmom
It was most definitely inappropriate; however, as Meatball pointed out so was Electricity and the "fan dance" from the early years of the show, when the girls were only 8-10 years old. So for Abby to act all appalled and disgusted in just hypocritical.

At the time of those dances, Abby made it clear that was not the sort of dance she usually does, and not the wort of dance she wanted to do, but the producers forced it.
ballerinamom13

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacaranda
At the time of those dances, Abby made it clear that was not the sort of dance she usually does, and not the wort of dance she wanted to do, but the producers forced it.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight............................  
mimieliza

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Abby is a huge hypocrite. I actually didn't think the choreo was super inappropriate, but the costumes put it way over the edge. The dancing was pretty weak, though! I know those girls can do a lot more.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
I did not think the dance was appropriate for a dance competition and costuming made it that much worse. Not only was it not appropriate the choreo was just bad. The whole exchange between the choreographer and the girls was uncomfortable.
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #19 
My DD's comp team was actually at the Fierce Comp in Upland, Ca and competed against the girls that weekend!! When we were there and saw the dance in february, our studio was quite shocked and so were most people in the audience at the time lol. They did edit out a lot of the dance though, Carefully "forgot" to show the part where the girls are doing their middle splits with their legs up on two chairs while whipping their hair around. How convenient!! [rofl]
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave9988

Well, yeah, that's why the stage is so empty at awards.  Can't let "just anybody" compete against them, or you can't control the TV script.

We competed at the same comp as the girls that weekend at their dance moms competition. However, we were not in the same category as the dance moms girls were. Thought it was interesting to note, the dance that got first overall that week and beat the dance moms girls was actually a very pretty and innovative ballet number, who would've thought, lol!
2dornot2d

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dance010
My DD's comp team was actually at the Fierce Comp in Upland, Ca and competed against the girls that weekend!! When we were there and saw the dance in february, our studio was quite shocked and so were most people in the audience at the time lol. They did edit out a lot of the dance though, Carefully "forgot" to show the part where the girls are doing their middle splits with their legs up on two chairs while whipping their hair around. How convenient!! [rofl]

I got curious and found a few YouTube videos. Were the moms actually ok with the costume doing all the moves? OMG it was terrible.

What was the original music they were dancing to? All videos had different music over due to copyright?
nyklane

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Is it the one with the silver chairs? -
2dornot2d

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyklane
Is it the one with the silver chairs? -

Yes. The girls are wearing 2 piece black outfit with black fishnets & heels. Not your average 2 piece dancewear. More like lingerie. The moves they are doing goes ok with the costume... Dance competition is not the place to perform it though.
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dornot2d

I got curious and found a few YouTube videos. Were the moms actually ok with the costume doing all the moves? OMG it was terrible.

What was the original music they were dancing to? All videos had different music over due to copyright?

The original music they danced to seems to be the same that was on aired on the show, if i remember correctly. The moms seemed fine with it honestly. DD got some fun pics with abby and some of the moms she was excited to post, lol!! Even though DD competed in a different category as the Dance Moms girls, can I just say that DD's team places first overall and Dance moms girls placed second [rofl]
nyklane

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dornot2d

Yes. The girls are wearing 2 piece black outfit with black fishnets & heels. Not your average 2 piece dancewear. More like lingerie. The moves they are doing goes ok with the costume... Dance competition is not the place to perform it though.

Ahh.. Yes. I just saw it.

I'll have to add - it did not seem a highly technical dance? Choosing my words here. At least with the quality of their dancers..  I've come to expect more now that I have had real experience at comps - outside of costumes/etc - it wasn't very interesting..

(maybe they didn't' show the good parts.. lol!!!)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.