Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Charlie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Our studio is going to be "competing" at a Dance Moms competition next weekend in Las Vegas.  We already know it's not real a real competition.  We are looking at it as an opportunity for the kids to experience something new and to get on a stage before our first actual competition.  Has anyone out there done any of these competitions? I'd love to hear your experience.  Anyone else going?
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Do you know the name of it? We're going to Energy in April which is apparently affiliated in some way. I'm honestly not looking forward to it. 
trinitymomof2

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We have done it twice. The littles always get so excited because they don't understand that it's all ridiculousness, but my girls have looked at it as a great way to get on stage and work out some kinks before it really counts. Lucky for us both times it was before our first real competitions.
Momcrew, if you a doing an actual regional comp in April your fine. Trust me you know ahead of time if it's one of their fake ones
Charlie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
The competition is Sheer Talent.  The show called our studio the beginning of this week to ask if we would be interested in attending.  It should be interesting to see what happens. One of our dancers was on the new ALDC mini team and her mom decided to not return to the show after the holidays.  She will be competing with our team.  The studio director said that a former ballet teacher from our studio who works for Sheer Talent recommended our studio.  
Charlie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
That's that attitude my daughter has about this, trinitymomof2.   Any opportunity to preform is a good.  We are already under the impression that the producers know the placements.  
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
This makes me wonder...they don't really show too much dancing that isn't there. Why not just hire a bunch of kid actors to sit on the stage for "awards"?

I totally get why studios would go. Essentially it's free stage time. But it seems like a huge PIA to seek out competitors.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
We have done it twice. The littles always get so excited because they don't understand that it's all ridiculousness, but my girls have looked at it as a great way to get on stage and work out some kinks before it really counts. Lucky for us both times it was before our first real competitions. 
Momcrew, if you a doing an actual regional comp in April your fine. Trust me you know ahead of time if it's one of their fake ones

It is one of the regionals but we may go to Nationals for Energy. From what I've read on the reviews, all of the "Candy Apple" girls took top spots for the solos at nationals last year. 

FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
The show called our studio last year. SO told them, "No. I can't what Abby Lee Miller has done to the art of teaching dance. Don't ever call back again." *Click* [rofl]
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantabulouslyCherry
The show called our studio last year. SO told them, "No. I can't what Abby Lee Miller has done to the art of teaching dance. Don't ever call back again." *Click* [rofl]

HA!  Yeah, someone called DD's studio for that Abby Lee studio makeover show... whatever it was called.  They were like, "Ummm... we don't need a makeover... and if we did it wouldn't be by Abby Lee!"  LOL

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: