Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
mumpa3

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My dd19 is a sophomore in college dance major and a psychology major.  Her training at college is all ballet and modern.  Her department performances are all contemporary/modern style.  But she misses Jazz dance sooo much.  Of course the Joffrey Jazz  intensive program appeals to her.  I was wondering if anyone knows of older teens that did the program and what they thought of it.  She is ok with crowded classes and is not so much concerned with who she is dancing with or their ability .  But , of course she would want to be somewhat challenged and cares about good training from the teachers. The rest of her intensives she's looking at are modern based geared to the college dancer.  Any thoughts on Joffrey Jazz in NYC?  Her audition is this Sunday. I am hoping she will get a feel for it during the audition class.
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My DD attended Joffrey Jazz program last summer at 19 years old actually! She went to the Joffrey West program, as we are located in Southern California already, so it was easy for us to get there. DD dances a lot actually and goes to conventions throughout the season still ( independently, not with a studio) and so she is used to being one of the "older" kids in the room (getting that $150 off because of her college discount is a HUGE plus, i have to say lol). This was actually her first ever summer intensive she has attended, and she went in knowing that will most likely be one of the oldest there, and she was. Having said that, she still RAVES about this once in a lifetime experience she was able to have. She was definitely challenged, just because she is a year or 2 older than most, doesn't mean that they don't make it a priority to challenge all the kids there equally. She loved it so much, she has her 2018 audition scheduled for February. Let me know if you have any more questions about this!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.