Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Just wondered if any of you have heard of this fantastic film coming April 8th and produced by Michael Damian and his wife Janeen?

His bus came to several studios across the country recently to promote the new movie and audition with the dancers for a potential sequel.

Michael Damian said that he had approached Hollywood about producing the film but because it wasn't "edgy" enough (we all know what that means) they produced it themselves.  It's a PG family dance movie.  Wish we had more of those.

So I'm plugging the film because 1) from the trailer it looks to be a great film, 2) we need more family-friendly films, 3) he seems to be a genuinely great guy.

The link to the trailer is:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/highstrung/

joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
It was a huge thrill for me too because I had never met anyone "famous" in my entire life!  He was so good to all of the dancers; very down to earth too.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Was not aware of the bus, but have been aware of this film for quite some time. Dd had some friends approached at a YAGP regional in CA to audition for this film. Must have been 2 or 3 years ago. I know one went ahead and did the audition but was not cast. 

Interesting to hear what happened with production as I had assumed this was coming from a more established studio. 
danceJ15

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Yes! And we (moms and girls) are very excited for opening night. A bunch of us from the studio are going April 8.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Just a reminder that this movie comes out tomorrow!  [smile]
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Unfortunately the closest theater to me that is playing it is 1.5 hours away.  [frown]  It's too bad, I really wanted to see it. 
tinydancers

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
The closest theater to us is over two hours away. We'll have to wait until it's streaming.
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
DD and her friend were hoping to see it this weekend, but it's not playing at any of our local theaters either.
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I'd like to see it but the amount of posting about it on social media is getting really annoying. Did the producers ask everyone to go on a campaign to make sure it's watched??
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I think they did.  Only because they didn't have a huge budget; Hollywood wouldn't produce it because they said it wasn't "edgy" enough.  I was happy to promote it because I'm happy to see a family-friendly dance film.
slattshe

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I am waiting for this to be released in Canada, it looks good!
danceJ15

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
We saw it this weekend and we all LOVED it! The dancing was great and very entertaining! Acting was pretty good. The story was sweet and definitely a good family movie. Though there was one swear word (that I recall). We highly recommend!
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by danceJ15
We saw it this weekend and we all LOVED it! The dancing was great and very entertaining! Acting was pretty good. The story was sweet and definitely a good family movie. Though there was one swear word (that I recall). We highly recommend!

Thanks for the review!  I was hoping it was good.  I haven't had a chance to take the girls to see it yet.
Mitzy

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I would love to see this because I think Keenan is a fabulous dancer. Does anyone know when (or if) it will be released in Canada?
Mom2Girls

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Just FYI for anyone who wants to see it--it's already on Amazon for rent or buy.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Ooh, thanks for the info, Mom2Girls!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: