Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD13's lyrical group won a scholarship to these classes at Talent on Parade this weekend. It's a full day class series offered by the competition itself in the fall. I'm impressed by the amount of dance promised on the schedule, a full 8 class day plus mock auditions. (It looks a lot better than the KAR classes we went to last year on scholarship!)

Has anyone here been to these classes before that can offer insight? Specifically are the teachers good? Are they crowded? Also, DD is not a hip hop dancer...will she be totally outclassed during the hip hop portions?
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Thought I'd update this with my limited thoughts =

My DD14 is a very ballet focused dancer who has done competitions for years, but only limited conventions. She has taken mixed genre workshop weekends and week long intensives for years, as well as 5 week and 2 week ballet and contemporary intensives.

She felt that the entire day was just teaching combos. A long day of combos (including ballet) with very little tech or insight taught. She was called out in ballet several times but not given any recognition at the end (which is fine for me!) It was free, I'd have her do it again for free, but I wouldn't pay for it. Several dancers including my daughter, had sore feet from dancing from 8 am until after 6 on concrete floors. The teachers were good, TOP staff clearly paid more attention, gave scholarships to the known area dancers, just like at competition (also whatever to me, but still worth noting.)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: