Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Mom2Girls

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
We are heading into that very busy time of year at the studio. The Spring ballet is May 15-16 and student showcase is the last weekend in May. We do a full week of tech (and then some) at the theater leading up to each of these two weekends. I just keep reminding myself that we just have to make it to June.

Anyone else on the crazy train with me?

*No idea why the above is italicized. [biggrin]

PrimaMomma

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I am right there with you!  On top of end of school year activities, dance classes and extra practices, we have picture day, one more competition, and the studio performance!  I am taking the following week off of work, I am soooo looking forward to it!!
Klba37

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I am on the Crazy Train also. Last competition this coming weekend. Classes working on opening/closing numbers for the Competition Team Program and Recitals. Spaghetti dinner to raise money for our Prop Trailer. Competition team program, Dress Rehersals, then Recitals all first weekend in June. School still in until June 11. Dance camp starting the following Monday. And to beat all I fell this weekend and have to go see bone/joint dr. tomorrow for my ankle/foot. Can't walk at all! Ouch.
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Not quite as crazy as your train Mom2Girls. [smile]  We never had Spring Ballet added to the uber-craziness that is your week leading up to showcase. [smile]

Community performance this Wednesday .... Last comp this weekend. Opening and Closing rehearsals for Company will start ramping up.  Senior Ball and then recital weekend.  This month is going to fly , and I am wishing I could just slow it down.  Trying to enjoy every moment of the crazy.  Every year after this my life will get markedly less crazy as all our chicks fly the nest.
MSDanceMomma

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Girls
We are heading into that very busy time of year at the studio. The Spring ballet is May 15-16 and student showcase is the last weekend in May. We do a full week of tech (and then some) at the theater leading up to each of these two weekends. I just keep reminding myself that we just have to make it to June.

Anyone else on the crazy train with me?

*No idea why the above is italicized. [biggrin]

We are coming off a week of high school spring show, plus dance comp and prom all within a two week period.  Now a short break and then by the end of May/first week of June we will be on crazy train two with graduation and recital.   Oh and another dance comp squeezed into May.  YOLO.   It will be June 15th here before it's all behind me...except one last Nationals. [bawl] 
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Our crazy train is leaving the station as well.  I should be able to step off at the end of June!

We have finals, the end of school (May 21-22), an academic award ceremony 4 hours away for non-dancing daughter (Memorial Day weekend; includes the possibility for rearranging 1 final for Ash; waiting for EOC results which include whether or not she exempts the final in question), basketball and softball games for non-dancing daughter (through the end of Jun for softball; random weekends for basketball), AP exam (May 14), final comp (May 15-17), out-of-town wedding (May 30), end-of-year dance team celebration (May 31), student showcase (Jun 13), NYC (sweet 16 for Ash) trip, summer intensive at a local company, and basketball and golf camps for non-dancing daughter.

I *think* that is it so far!
jlm645

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
We add two boys playing baseball. I love the end of June so much.
Dancemomjus

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
we just finished our crazy train w/ this past weekend was our spring showcase. So DD has tech rehearsal tuesday and wednesday was dress run for Friday's show and thrsday was dress run for both Sat. matinee and sat. night show and then of course the performances. it was a whirlwind but fun also. No dance the rest of this month and summer program starts in June.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Yup. These next few months will be one non stop crazy train. We just did our last regional this weekend, have auditions the next two weeks then recital pictures to close out May. In June we have dress rehearsal for recital, recital, 8th grade dance and graduation plus cheer try outs for HS.that will all lead in to nationals prep, nationals then a tap intensive in July. Then our summer tech/ master classes start in August , possible cheer if she makes it with next years comp choreo starting end of August. It's one thing into the next with hardly any break in between.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Yup the crazy train is pulling up to the station.  1 more "normal" weekend and off we go!

May 15-17 Competition
 May 22-24 Competition
 June 6 - Auditions for next season
 June 7 - Picture day
 June 20 - recitals (2 shows 3 hours each)
 July 7-12 - national competition

Not to mention ds' birthday in May & dd's birthday in June, Mother's day & Father's day.
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Us too, competition season is getting closer, will start at the end of May and run through to september then August to October is dance exams and the end of year recital is nov/dec so from here until the end of the year it's crazy.
Mom2Girls

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I knew I wouldn't be alone at this point in the year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2DanceLoves
Not quite as crazy as your train Mom2Girls. [smile]  We never had Spring Ballet added to the uber-craziness that is your week leading up to showcase. [smile]

Community performance this Wednesday .... Last comp this weekend. Opening and Closing rehearsals for Company will start ramping up.  Senior Ball and then recital weekend.  This month is going to fly , and I am wishing I could just slow it down.  Trying to enjoy every moment of the crazy.  Every year after this my life will get markedly less crazy as all our chicks fly the nest.

Aww. I can't even imagine! This is a good reminder for all of us to stop and enjoy.
stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Uh, yes.

Next Saturday is a prime example.  DD13 - solo at local comp.  DD11 - last gymnastics meet of the season (hour away).  DS10 - baseball game.  DS7 - birthday party to attend.  Both girls are supposed to altar serve at church that afternoon.  Oh, and it's DH's birthday.  My boss was kind enough to give me the day off, LOL.

Most of the month is similar.  5 1/2 weeks to go . . .
jlm645

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
The last few years of this has made July 4 my new favorite holiday.  A party on 3rd when I sit by the pool with drinks, a party on the 4th when I sit by the lake with drinks.  Doing nothing all day on the 5th and ready to start over on the 6th.  It feels like the real New Years to me.
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Oh yeah! Tech week is this week for spring ballet this Friday, Saturday. I've got all 3 also running track, a senior graduating on may 31, and a party to plan.

Oh and I'm right this minute at an emergency dentist spot with dd13. Her back molar decided to erupt in her too small mouth and its causing her a lot of pain. Studio rehearsal is at 4 tonight so 1pm is her appt. I do attempt at working a full time job as well [smile]. I told my team to just consider me MIA this week. Lol!
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Actually these next several weeks are tame compared to the rest of the season...

May 15-17 - final regional comp
June 6 - picture day #2 (first was this past weekend)
June 14-18 in studio dress rehearsals
June 19 - Tech rehearsal at the theater
June 20 - recital (2 shows)
June 24 - company auditions for next year
June 27-July 5 - Nationals #1 (with the studio)
July 4-13 - Nationals #2 (by ourselves)
Summer classes start June 15
Still waiting on final determinations for SIs but the studio SI is early to mid August.

Looks like a lot... But it's not too bad... It's evenly spread out.
tappingfeet

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Oh yeah- It's totally crazy train time of year!

I actually just sent my DH an email with all the dates I needed him to know.  It's all on the home calendar, but he doesn't often refer to it and prefers to add dates into his iPhone.  Once I typed out the email I realized how crazy busy we really are for the next two months!  DDs are both involved in school choirs, so we have their final shows to add to our dance schedule, and DD16 has school drama and Musical theatre program final shows as well.  Of course, because I'm a teacher, there's all the end of the year stuff at my school that I'm required to be at!

Mom2Girls

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Here's to surviving the season! [smile]
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I think the crazy train is at the station and ready to take off.

I just filled in the calendar with the most recent class and rehearsal schedule for the month. Performance weekend is May 29-31, with tech week and private performances/dress rehearsals the week before. 

I suppose the good news is that there is an actual day off in May- no rehearsal or class on Memorial Day! 

June is somewhat better, maybe. She has an audition coming up for something in June and has a workshop that she is scheduled to dance in. I'm still very undecided what to do in June. This would have been her high school graduation month. She's homeschooled and only had one high school class this year (which is still not done). I'd like to do something to recognize and celebrate that, but can't schedule anything with so much up in the air for the few weeks before she leaves for her SI.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: