Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD is in orange.  These are from the dress rehearsal (photos by Avery Reiners), but they have done 5 shows since Thursday.  I'm flying up on Friday to see this and the school show.

Crayola.5.jpg 
Crayola.4.jpg 
Crayola.3.jpg

tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Beautiful!
OurLittleDancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Gorgeous!  Where is she in school?
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Stunning!!
nowmomto3

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Love these!!!
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurLittleDancer

Thank you!  She is in the Professional Division at Oregon Ballet Theatre.  This number is in the Company's last show of the year and the school show is next week-end also.  So I will get to see her perform in both the Company show and the school show. 
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Gorgeous!
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Beautiful pics!
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
So cool!  Love them!
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Gorgeous!
dirtchic

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinamom13
Quote:

Thank you!  She is in the Professional Division at Oregon Ballet Theatre.  This number is in the Company's last show of the year and the school show is next week-end also.  So I will get to see her perform in both the Company show and the school show. 

We are in the Portland area. I should bring dd to this. She is still in the ballet is a necessary evil phase. Maybe seeing a performance will help her move past that phase.
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Really beautiful! Wish I could see the performance.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtchic
Quote:
Quote:

We are in the Portland area. I should bring dd to this. She is still in the ballet is a necessary evil phase. Maybe seeing a performance will help her move past that phase.

dirtchic - this might be a great show to bring your daughter to.  This is a contemporary show, so if she likes contemporary, she will love it.  One number was choreographed by Darrell Grand Moultrie who has choreographed for BeyoncĂ© and other famous singers - very, very contemporary.  The number my dd is in is contemporary also. The show is called, "Impact".  You can google it to get info. Shows on Friday and Saturday night.

If she wants to see kids, the school show is also this week-end during the day (and cheaper tickets).  She could see all age groups do many different numbers and an added bonus - my dd is doing a variation from Paquita!  I am just kidding!!!!!!  She is doing the variation, but all the older kids are good and the younger ones are too and fun to watch.  If you decide to go, let me know.  I would love to meet another dance mom on this board. 
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmom
Really beautiful! Wish I could see the performance.

Thank you!  I wish you could too!
dirtchic

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtchic
Quote:
Quote:

dirtchic - this might be a great show to bring your daughter to.  This is a contemporary show, so if she likes contemporary, she will love it.  One number was choreographed by Darrell Grand Moultrie who has choreographed for BeyoncĂ© and other famous singers - very, very contemporary.  The number my dd is in is contemporary also. The show is called, "Impact".  You can google it to get info. Shows on Friday and Saturday night.

If she wants to see kids, the school show is also this week-end during the day (and cheaper tickets).  She could see all age groups do many different numbers and an added bonus - my dd is doing a variation from Paquita!  I am just kidding!!!!!!  She is doing the variation, but all the older kids are good and the younger ones are too and fun to watch.  If you decide to go, let me know.  I would love to meet another dance mom on this board. 

Oh she would love that! Can I find the details on the OBT website?
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Wow!  Beautiful!

ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
dirtchic - yes, I just checked the website and the info for both the school show and Impact are the first thing that came up when I googled OBT Portland.  Not sure this link will work but here it is...

http://www.obt.org/season.html
dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Beautiful!! How old are the girls?[thumb]
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemonkaymom
Beautiful!! How old are the girls?[thumb]

Thank you!!  I think my dd is the youngest. She turned 20 the middle of February.  I know at least 4 of the other girls are over 21 (because they can go out and she can't) and I know one of them has been out of college for a year now.  The 6th girl might be 20 also.  If she answers my text, I'll update you.

ETA - Yes, she is the youngest.  Everyone else is 21 or older.
momtodancinggirl

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful
Bonbonmama

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Gorgeous!!!
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Lovely! The dance looks great just by the few pictures. [smile]