Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
BCdancemom

Avatar / Picture

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 198
Reply with quote  #1 
I was thinking it would be fun to post a pic of your dancers costumes as they come in?! None of ours have arrived yet [frown]
0
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 352
Reply with quote  #2 
We're not allowed to post pics of competition costumes until after the first competition.  All Jess' dance are comp this year so we have them but I can't post until end of March.  I love seeing all the costumes.  
0
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,600
Reply with quote  #3 
All of ours are in. One came in so late that we had to scratch our production at our first comp last week. That has never happened before. Out of our eleven costumes, there is only one that I like. If we get a costume award, it will be out of pity 😂. I bought comp pics with the studio. If I ever get them, I will post.
0
BCdancemom

Avatar / Picture

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 198
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom2two
We're not allowed to post pics of competition costumes until after the first competition.  All Jess' dance are comp this year so we have them but I can't post until end of March.  I love seeing all the costumes.  


OH!! Of course. I hadn't though of that. Our studio owner is pretty sticky on those things too, no posting any of the dances on social media, ect. I guess we will have to wait LOL
0
BCdancemom

Avatar / Picture

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 198
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzit42
All of ours are in. One came in so late that we had to scratch our production at our first comp last week. That has never happened before. Out of our eleven costumes, there is only one that I like. If we get a costume award, it will be out of pity 😂. I bought comp pics with the studio. If I ever get them, I will post.


UGH, that sucks. I despise paying $100+ or more for a costume that I cant stand to see my kid in LOL

0
melissa745

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,464
Reply with quote  #6 
I have 1 of 5.

My DD tried on another one, but apparently they're all WAY too big and the DT said we will have to take them to get altered. Not thrilled with paying someone to fix the costume after paying $80 for it, but I don't think we have any other options.
0
BCdancemom

Avatar / Picture

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 198
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa745
I have 1 of 5.

My DD tried on another one, but apparently they're all WAY too big and the DT said we will have to take them to get altered. Not thrilled with paying someone to fix the costume after paying $80 for it, but I don't think we have any other options.


Yeah. That is so frustrating. Last year we paid 80$ for dd ballet solo costume then another 120$ for it to be fixed because it looked like a train wreck!
0
joriebelle

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,356
Reply with quote  #8 
DD15 was just telling me this morning that none of hers are in!  Still!  But here is DD12 in one of hers:

Jan13_03xx.jpg

0
ChatK

Novice Member
Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #9 
Quick question ladies what is the average price you pay for your dance costumes? Have any been over $200.00?
0
Kfish1987

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 123
Reply with quote  #10 
I put an $80.00 deposit for each costume in October. Last year with 8 costumes I paid an additional $46.75 at the end of the season.
0
Ktyyyyyyy

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,489
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChatK
Quick question ladies what is the average price you pay for your dance costumes? Have any been over $200.00?


We pay a $250 deposit for each costume, and then get a costume balance once the costume is finished. I guess theoretically we could end up with a credit if the costume is less than $250, but I haven't seen that happen. I think I'm paying an average of $40 extra per costume, so about $290 total for each costume. They're really pretty, but I think it's a bit much.
0
sandj

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 219
Reply with quote  #12 
Jorie, your dancer is beautiful! Love her costume! She looks so poised!
0
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,389
Reply with quote  #13 
DD 12 has 1 of 5 in.   3 others should be in next week and I am working on her Musical Theater one.     DD14's just got ordered 2 weeks ago, so it wont be in for a couple of more weeks. 
0
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 192
Reply with quote  #14 
We're still waiting on the rest of ours. We sometimes don't get them until the week of dress rehearsal so sol if they don't fit quite right. Last year one came in the week of recital and none of them fit right. They were all too small on the girls. They were told to "suck it up, it's only one night"
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.