Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My daughter got a costume where the skirt sticks to the applique on the top.  How can I stop this or weigh it down?
prancer

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #2 
Without knowing exactly what the problem is, perhaps you could stone the edge of the skirt to weigh it down, or cut the front of the skirt, or swag the front of the skirt. I have heard of people putting very thin mesh over the appliqué, but that would be a last option in my opinion.
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Actually the back of the skirt sticks because of all of the leg lists. Maybe cutting will help or some way to weigh it down
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Where would I get the stones?
prancer

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #5 
I get my stones from The Rhinestone Guy website. Shortening it might help too. Good luck!
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
If I cut skirtmit may fray
prancer

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #7 
What is the skirt made of? Most mesh cuts nice and clean. Look at the edge now and see if it is finished. If not, a new cut won’t be any different.
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Mesh! thank you!! The costume is my picture now.
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Would hairspray work or any other way to stiffen the skirt?
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I've used starch on tutus before to stiffen...but I wouldn't do that for that kind of skirt.

Could you tack it to the brief underneath discretely on the sides or one tack in the back? But not too far or you will lose all movement.
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
My husband agrees with you. They have a lot of acro in the dance so weighting it down may not help.
owensamo

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Is this for a group dance? If so, I'd recommend bringing the issue up to the DT and see what they suggest. 

Something you might try is to figure out exactly where on the applique the skirt gets caught. It's possible there are just a couple of sharper bits that the mesh gets caught on - if that's the case, you may be able to tack/glue those down or potentially trim them off. 

Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Duet and we picked the costume.  Ugg
Rebelina

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
My DD has a similar problem with her duet costume. Her appliqué has stones on it and it catches everything. I had another dance mom suggest rubbing the appliqué (where the stones stuck out) with braces wax. It completely solved the problem and you couldn’t tell that we used it. If you have stones that stick out maybe try that.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.