Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
peachygreen98

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Ok - so this might seem like a crazy question.  This is the first  convention we are going to that we will also compete at.  The wrist bands typically have to be worn the entire weekend at the conventions I've seen.  Do you have to keep your wristband on for competition or do you get a 2nd one to replace it after competition for the 2nd day?

Eliwel

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Keep it on the entire weekend, even during competition. Have fun!
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Our girls make them loose enough to take off for competition. 
jule425

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Radix and Nuvo have rubber wristbands that they can remove for competition.
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
My daughter always makes it lose enough so that she can just barely slip off her hand when she competes. She had a tight mesh long sleeved solo costume this past year and so she really didn't want to have to wear the wristband on stage. I understand where she is coming from, but I saw just as many dancers wearing their convention wristbands while they danced on stage so I don't think it matters much! My daughter is older so it is not my responsibility to keep track of the wristband, lol!

PS. we were at 24/seven in November and this was the first time we had seen the rubber bracelet wristbands... way to go Break The Floor!!
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
You can always cut the wristband off and then tape it he next day. Personally I hate how it looks on stage.
dancedaughters

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
ASH has the paper wristband and their rules specifically state that you have to have the band on during the showcase.  Nuvo wristbands are rubber and come off.
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancedaughters
ASH has the paper wristband and their rules specifically state that you have to have the band on during the showcase.  Nuvo wristbands are rubber and come off.

A never wore hers at ASH. 

meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Yeah, my daughter wasn't going to wear that ugly wristband with her tutu. . . . They put them on loose enough that they could pull them off and didn't put them on at all until after solos.
Dancingemu

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #10 
That's something to ask those working the convention. Weve been to a few that required the wristband the whole time. If it wasn't on, you didn't go on stage.
LeapYear0208

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
We have been to one that required them to be worn on stage and others that did not. They typically will NOT replace them if you cut them off. Some kids made them loose so they could take them off when not in classes but there was one comp that the kids had to wear them during comp. 
lovemykids

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I HATE how they look on stage!! I understand is not a big deal at all but I just don't like how it looks. We have been to a couple with the rubber ones and in case they are the snap on kind my daughter puts it on not too tight so she can slip it off. So much money spent in those costumes that the wristband sticks out more than a snag or a stain!
dncemom01

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #13 
Every one we have attended they have them on on stage. It doesn’t really detract from the costumes in my opinion. It’s not really a big deal.
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Pin the holes together. Don’t understand the need for wristbands if they are wearing numbers, too
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by judie
Pin the holes together. Don’t understand the need for wristbands if they are wearing numbers, too

Not everyone is auditioning and wearing numbers. Kids who've already won don't audition and most college kids don't either (mine included). 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.