Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Tina07Fl

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello! We are pretty new to conventions and not sure how it all works yet... because of a family trip, DD will have the opportunity to attend one of the Break the Floor conventions for a second time in a different city. One of the moms on our team said she will need a new solo. Is that true? Is it frowned upon or "uncool" to repeat a solo at the same convention in a different city?  
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My DD had the same solo for each city she attended last year (3 Nuvo's, 1 Jump and TDA). Stacey judged her 3 times. No one cares if they are doing the same solo.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina07Fl
One of the moms on our team said she will need a new solo. Is that true? Is it frowned upon or "uncool" to repeat a solo at the same convention in a different city?  

NOT true.
Rydancer24

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
its totally fine and not frowned upon to repeat your solo.
Tina07Fl

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
 That's good to hear - thank you so much!  
peachygreen98

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I would read the rules for the competition.  I have seen some competitions that will not allow you to compete the same routine in a different regional city if you won high point first place.  (but you would have to win high point first place for that to apply) I haven't read the rules for Break the Floor.  I think I saw that at Stage One.  I just read Nuvo because it is our first event and it said you could complete the same routine more than once.  
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen98
I would read the rules for the competition.  I have seen some competitions that will not allow you to compete the same routine in a different regional city if you won high point first place.  (but you would have to win high point first place for that to apply) I haven't read the rules for Break the Floor.  I think I saw that at Stage One.  I just read Nuvo because it is our first event and it said you could complete the same routine more than once.  

Break the Floor doesn't have rules like that.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.