Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Hi all... am pondering a lyrical number and saw that several of you had dancers who did competitions with this song.  I saw a lovely grey lyrical costume, but also thought that perhaps a tattered dress or old school uniform might work as well?

Can you give me your thoughts?

Thanks x

***** sorry, I just realised I put this in the wrong category!  Admin, can you please help me move it?  Thank you *****

Noel

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I imagined a baby doll type dress, no flash or bling, perhaps a little pattern with a flowing skirt. School uniform never seemed to fit for me with this song. I think a straight forward lyrical costume might seem insensitive to the message sent by the artist's original video concept. With a little creativity I would try for a convertible costume, one that with a snap revealed another more brilliant fabric indicating the transition from the pain suffered here to the liberation of becoming an angel.
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Noel, I like the idea of the convertible costume.  I agree about a flashy lyrical outfit being the wrong message... it just doesn't seem to fit the song.  The one I found was more plain but I just didn't know if it would work.

The school uniform dress I was envisioning is like what I see over here (UK).  In the spring, girls often wear a lighter, seersucker cotton dress rather than their heavier uniforms, and I thought perhaps a haggard version might work (worn at the seams, not brand new).  Like this:

http://www.next.co.uk/g75386s19?gclid=CNrOv_ukttMCFdZAGwodAPwHvQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CP241_ukttMCFUSB7QodInUEMA

Noel

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
https://www.weissmanscostumes.com/in_stock/lyrical_and_contemporary/9082-clearance.aspx?position=56

I think that one might hide her lines without massive altering.

Something like this?
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Yes, I like that one [wink]

tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We had a soloist do this dance a couple of years ago and she had a worn tan color dress over top of a white dress with a kind of wings that she pulled out and attached to her hands.  It was very pretty and fit the sing perfectly.
dance010

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Hi there. We have a soloist at our studio doing a dance to this song this season. She wears a grey dress that is tattered and torn slightly ( no major holes). Her hair is in a low pony. Goo luck!
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
We had a soloist do this dance a couple of years ago and she had a worn tan color dress over top of a white dress with a kind of wings that she pulled out and attached to her hands.  It was very pretty and fit the sing perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel
I imagined a baby doll type dress, no flash or bling, perhaps a little pattern with a flowing skirt.....With a little creativity I would try for a convertible costume, one that with a snap revealed another more brilliant fabric indicating the transition from the pain suffered here to the liberation of becoming an angel.

I really like the idea of a convertible costume - I'm trying to think of how I could design it so it would have a top layer convert or remove so it actually comes off without a hitch.  

Noel

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Perhaps something that drapes up from the bottom to the center with a simple velcro attachment; swept up from each side to the middle? It would have to be an A line type shape
Noel

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Or similarly drapes from one side to the opposite shoulder.
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
This is all I can picture

[weeping-angel-desktop-wallpaper-windows-mac-prank] 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: