Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
cdnmom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
An independent survey about competitive dance is being conducted in the GTA, although it is not restricted by location. Since the dancemom forum shares very useful information, many may be interested in completing the survey.  I will keep an eye on the API Research website and Facebook page and post the results when they become available.

Check it out !  independent survey about competitive dance 

dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
link doesn't work for  me [confused]
cdnmom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Does this one work ? independent survey about competitive dance 
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
yes that link worked. Thanks for the survey!
dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
What is "the GTA" ?
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjrm4
What is "the GTA" ?
greater Toronto area
PasDeChatMom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Who is the API Research Group? The FB page was just created and there's no information on the website.
cdnmom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
API Research is newly set up (but not by me) for the purpose of conducting independent market research, such as for this survey on competitive dance as well as future studies in arts and culture.  I hope to see more details on the FB page and website soon.  I posted here on behalf of API Research based on the interests and knowledge of contributors to dancemom. A summary of the results could be interesting discussion material for the forum. If you have any questions, there is an email address info@apiresearch.ca
PasDeChatMom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Thank you cdnmom!
changole

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnmom
An independent survey about competitive dance is being conducted in the GTA, although it is not restricted by location. Since the dancemom forum shares very useful information, many may be interested in completing the survey.  I will keep an eye on the API Research website and Facebook page and post the results when they become available.

Check it out !  independent survey about competitive dance 

I completed it! I hope that they people conducting this research are able to get the amount of respondents needed for some good statistics. It is always a bummer when there aren't enough respondents to really quantify the information well.
cdnmom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Thank you Changole - this forum is amazing !

I will send an email to info@apiresearch.ca to ask for an update. Maybe they will create their own dancemom account and post results directly.

Ca2Ny2Mo

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I did the survey.
cdnmom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
This was posted on Facebook by API Research.  (I was told an attempt to create an account/login on the dancemom forum didn't work  ??).  

"API Research would like to thank everyone for providing feedback and completing the survey. While we would like to share some of our initial findings, please note that they are subject to change. If you haven't completed the survey, don't panic! The survey is closing February 14th, and we still want to hear from YOU! Complete the survey and help shape the understanding of the Competitive Dance market."

Changing Studios
  • 44% of competitive dancers have only attended 1 competitive studio
  • 71% of the remaining dancers have changed studios once
  • The main reasons for leaving their current studio are concerns around the quality and level of training offered, or their children being in an unhealthy environment (pitting children against each other).

Choosing a Studio

• 51% chose a studio based on location and Studio Owners/Directors
  • 45% chose a studio based on teachers’ qualifications and level/type of ballet offered
  • Most feel their current studio offers good technical/technique training
  • Most feel a sense of “extended family” is important

The main concerns with competitive studio business operations are

• lack of transparency
  • inconsistent communication
  • lack of timely information
  • lack of distribution of information to all concerned

Suggestions for improvement are

• use technology to ensure timely and complete updates to everyone
  • have a person or system in place and available to address questions, issues, changes, and challenges 
  • maintain a level of fairness to recognize all children and parents equally
  • address favoritism and bullying

Hours of Training

• 49% reported that their dancer attended an average of 7-10 classes/week for about 7-10 hours/week
  • 89% stated this was an adequate amount of time for their dancer to be in the studio.

cdnmom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Last day for the survey is tomorrow (Happy Valentines Day !)  for anyone who has a few minutes to check it out.  I will follow up to get the final results posted for this wonderful forum - Thank you !
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.