Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

cadancemom123

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #31 
We are doing Dupree, Intrigue, Thunderstruck, and Rainbow I believe. Our studio doesn't do a nationals.
kec1977

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Showstoppers, Starpower, Starbound, Nuvo, Hollywood Connection
gymndancemom2A&A

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #33 
DD15 and I are going to be making her schedule this weekend.  Going to see what works with her soccer schedule and then go from there. Anyone know dance competitions in SoCal that let independents compete?
squirreltrench

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klba37
Has anyone got their list of competitions for 2014 yet? ... We will not know which National until we see how they do at Regionals. Hopefully at Myrtle Beach, SC location and not the Orlando or Panama City, FL ones.
We are in North Carolina

This is almost like reverse bribery... i.e. the studio is sending a message to all the regionals that it attends "you better gives us fantastic scores, or else we won't be going to your Nationals".....

Not to mention that it makes it tough for planning purposes as others have already mentioned.
squirreltrench

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina
 We are in New Jersey and try to stay within a 1-2 hours' drive.

A favor?  if you post, can you put what area you live in?  I always like to see if I'll see anyone I "know"!  

Wouldn't it be fantastic if DanceMom.com put your city/town and state (and/or country) in the sidebar of your personal information when you post a message? Right under name, photo, and above your Gold/Silver/etc status and above registration date and number of posts? That would be marvelous.
csdancemom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 
We're doing fewer comps than ever this year, mostly convention/comps.  Our SO was considering doing Nationals for the first time since we came to the studio, but the 4 seniors (including my DD) talked her out of it, for which I am grateful. Unfortunately DD has scholarships for 2 conventions which are being held on the same day this year (WCDE and 24/7), so she can only use one, unless she used one of them in another city. 

BTW, which "hollywood" convention was getting all the bad press last year? Was that ihollywood or hollywood vibe or hollywood connection? 
ChelleB70

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #37 
We are in CT (northern part).  We are doing Stay Systems 2ce, Starbound, Onstage America and possibly Energy.  Energy is TBD.  It's very close by but I know one of the SDs doesn't want to go b/c it's in May and by then she said she's checked out of comp and thinking forward to recital so we'll see.  Our studio doesn't do nationals but Company kids go to a comp/convention in NYC.  This year they're doing Dance Olympus. Dd can't wait to make company. LOL
dancermom128

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by csdancemom
We're doing fewer comps than ever this year, mostly convention/comps.  Our SO was considering doing Nationals for the first time since we came to the studio, but the 4 seniors (including my DD) talked her out of it, for which I am grateful. Unfortunately DD has scholarships for 2 conventions which are being held on the same day this year (WCDE and 24/7), so she can only use one, unless she used one of them in another city. 

BTW, which "hollywood" convention was getting all the bad press last year? Was that ihollywood or hollywood vibe or hollywood connection? 

It was iHollywood. It appears to be shut down now.
cbclearning

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #39 
We are headed to Rainbow, IDC, Bravo and 24/7. Has anyone been to Rainbow? It's a new one for us this year.
theyarg

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 

Finally got word. Sophisticated, Elite Dance Challenge, Ticket to Broadway, and Energy.  I miss Access Broadway.[frown]

pookaprincess

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #41 
we've got SADM convention in November.  I have our list somewhere, but there isn't any travel which I'm excited about.  Last year at our old studio there was only one local!
beachgirl

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Does anyone happen to have the schedule for Star Systems Nationals from this past summer in Myrtle Beach?
dancermom128

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #43 
We just got our comp schedules. We are doing IDC and Showstoppers both in Brockton, Starquest Worcester, and Bravo in Lowell. No nationals. Thank freaking god!
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermom128
We just got our comp schedules.  No nationals. Thank freaking god!

I am SO jealous of you! (Can you tell I hate going to Nationals)!
dancermom128

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmymom
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermom128
We just got our comp schedules.  No nationals. Thank freaking god!

I am SO jealous of you! (Can you tell I hate going to Nationals)!

You can't possibly hate it more than me. What a waste of money with no educational value whatsoever, unless maybe you are going to the Dance Awards with all of their amazing classes. I'm hoping to spend my money this summer on some really good training!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: