Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dancemomjb

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone have any good recomendations for competitions in the New England area we are in Massachusetts and are open to competitions in the MA/NH/ME region. Thank you!
nyklane

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
There are so many in this region!  What exactly are you looking for?  We are right in the middle of the season so there are many every weekend all over.  You may want to try dancecompetitionhub.com - use the search function - you can put your town and how far you want to travel - and the date range and it will show you whats going on.

Are you with a studio?  Does your studio compete?  Usually earlier on in the year schedules are set - as some competitions do get full.  If you are coming only as a solo or even independent you may want to call the competition - even if it says "sold out" right now as they usually will take "1" additional but not a whole studio.

Are you looking for a particular style of dance?  Convention & Comp or just Comp?  

dancemomjb

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyklane
There are so many in this region!  What exactly are you looking for?  We are right in the middle of the season so there are many every weekend all over.  You may want to try dancecompetitionhub.com - use the search function - you can put your town and how far you want to travel - and the date range and it will show you whats going on.

Are you with a studio?  Does your studio compete?  Usually earlier on in the year schedules are set - as some competitions do get full.  If you are coming only as a solo or even independent you may want to call the competition - even if it says "sold out" right now as they usually will take "1" additional but not a whole studio.

Are you looking for a particular style of dance?  Convention & Comp or just Comp?  

DD is 16 and we are Independent. She competes contemporary solos (one is yagp style contemp and the other is more modern contemporary) and a jazz solo. She’s looking for competitions only at this point, maybe we will try BTF next year but it seems a bit too intense right now. Thank you
nyklane

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We are going to NUVO in buffalo this weekend - but I think for the NUVO they are finished with the North east for now.  There are plenty of less intense comps around.  Starpower is coming up in Springfield Mass - it's usually pretty big and attracts big studios so there will be good competition there. It looks like they take independents (you have to register at star dance alliance first - it will take you there from the starpower website).  A very laid back comp is "Spirit of Dance" which is very specifically northeast.  You can check out the rest of their tour - there is likely some nearby.  Starbound also has dates coming up in May in the northeast (we are at one of them.  Elite Dance Challenge too.  There are likely too many to list in the area.  But they are the next layer down, and of course all of these I mention have levels.  All of these are competitions only - and of course have contemporary categories and jazz.

Good luck - if you are interested in particular one I'm sure someone here can give feedback.  I just mentioned those I have been to before (and going to this season too).
leapdaymom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We are in the Northeast too. We have been to a lot of different comps in the 5 years my daughter has been competing. Turn it Up, Hall of Fame and Beyond the Stars are well organized, competitive and always full. Spirit of Dance is one of our favorites...they are a little smaller, but well run and the kids love the masterclass run by the emcee.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.