Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Shaylenek

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Now that it is time to start packing this kid I need some help from past moms.  Just how much dance wear does she really need?  Looks like 3 classes a semester will be dance (Ballet, Modern +1)  And do you buy and send extra shoes now or just plan to ship directly to her as needed?

Anyone in North Carolina that can clue me in on the weather?  I am assuming rain gear for fall and light jackets? We probably won't have her home until Thanksgiving so I am trying to figure out about 3 months.
Klba37

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Where in North Carolina? Western NC gets colder before Eastern NC
Shaylenek

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
She will be in Elon - about 45 west/nw of Raleigh
Klba37

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
The temp will start out 80-90 and by Thanksgiving will be anywhere from 40-50's during the day.
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
If her school has a dance major, there is probably a dance shop close by. I think I wihls send her with basics and then put her in charge of her own shoes. She could either get them at the local shop or online.
gsodancemom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
In Greensboro off of New Garden there is a place called "Carolina Dance Wear". Its about 30 minutes away and they have everything needed, or if something isn't in stock they have always been happy to order it for my DD!
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
My home State. Elon is a great school. Good luck to her! Klba37 hit the nail on the head regarding the weather.
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I wouldn't buy extra dance shoes yet, her needs may change once she actually gets in class with new teachers.

If she goes thru Pointe shoes very quickly maybe send a months worth, especially if you play the Freed maker game.
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #9 
DD plans to just take the basics with her and see what her needs end up being this semester. 
pinnellmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
A girl from our home studio will be a senior dance major at Elon.  She loves it there. My dgt graduated in December from Slippery Rock. She had to have leotards for ballet, and then tank tops and shorts for Modern.  She would wear yoga pants in the winter but it was much colder there than it will be in NC.  I would say tank tops would be good - something cool to wear.
Shaylenek

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
She got her class schedule and Ensemble info today so we have a better idea of how many hours of class she will have which should help.  And her roommate assignment came today as well.  It has suddenly become very real!  Psych, Global Info (Soc), Medical Terminology for academic classes and 9 hours of dance plus rehearsals.  Great news is she should be too busy to get homesick right away.
pinnellmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Just watch out because I thought the time went by quickly with high school, it flew by even faster in college.  And those due dates on the college bills seem to come pretty fast too. LOL
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.