Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magzlili
Happy to report that DD was accepted for a BFA at Montclair State and Slippery Rock. Any feedback on either school would be greatly appreciated. [/QUOTE

We have had several girls from our studio go to Montclair. It's literally 10 minutes from my house. Not all as dance majors, but there is one who is currently a junior and is majoring in dance. She seems very happy with the program; has been in several of their student shows and last summer did the summer professional semester at BDC. Their tuition is affordable too.
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #52 
Excited to say DD FINALLY got her academic acceptance for Pace today. Her combined academic and dance scholarships total $39k per year!! AND she also received her acceptance into the Alvin Ailey certificate program!! So so happy for her! 3 down and 2 to go!!!
tiptoemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #53 
so nice when years of hard work culminate like this..congratulations to your daughter!!
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JojosDanceMom
Excited to say DD FINALLY got her academic acceptance for Pace today. Her combined academic and dance scholarships total $39k per year!! AND she also received her acceptance into the Alvin Ailey certificate program!! So so happy for her! 3 down and 2 to go!!!

This is AMAZING!  A HUGE congratulations to her!  She is so gorgeous to watch! 
Amomofonedancer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #55 
@JojosDanceMom

Congrats!  That is very exciting. I am sure she worked very hard for this.  You must be proud of her and also looking forward to saving some $ if she chooses to go with Pace.  As we all know on this board, dance seems to suck the money right out of you... it is nice to see some scholarship $ come in after spending all those years of hard work (and money).
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amomofonedancer
@JojosDanceMom

Congrats!  That is very exciting. I am sure she worked very hard for this.  You must be proud of her and also looking forward to saving some $ if she chooses to go with Pace.  As we all know on this board, dance seems to suck the money right out of you... it is nice to see some scholarship $ come in after spending all those years of hard work (and money).

Actually Pace is so expensive that all that scholarship money brings the cost down to the same as Point Park with the $13k scholarship. lol
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #57 

Huge congratulations!! Is she also applying to the Fordham/Ailey program or just the Ailey certificate program? 

The costs are crazy! 

Amomofonedancer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #58 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JojosDanceMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amomofonedancer
@JojosDanceMom

Actually Pace is so expensive that all that scholarship money brings the cost down to the same as Point Park with the $13k scholarship. lol

We checked out Fordham (not dance- dd is pre-med) because she would likely get full tuition scholarship because she will be NMF. Room and board were really expensive, plus extra travel expenses due to distance factor. In the end those costs by themselves equaled the cost of flagship university total cost. Still- getting an education in NYC would be great, especially for a dance major. My d took classes at Broadway Dance Center and Steps on Broadway two summers ago. The training is phenomenal. She took 4 back to back classes and worked so hard it looked like she had just gotten out of the shower.
musicmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #59 
When Marymount says plan to spend the whole, they are not kidding! There were 100 auditionees today so the classes ran an extra hour and a half. They asked 40 for solos in alphabetical order, so it is almost 7:00 and we are still waiting. Good news is they will notify in a few weeks.
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #60 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendumom

Huge congratulations!! Is she also applying to the Fordham/Ailey program or just the Ailey certificate program? 

The costs are crazy! 

No, she didn't apply to the Fordham/Ailey program... She auditioned for the Ailey certificate program and will be auditioning for the scholarship program in the summer. According to their information there is room to take academic classes on her own while enrolled in these programs, so if Ailey is what she chooses she will probably take some academic courses elsewhere.
SortaReluctant1

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #61 
Congratulations JOjo's mom! When was her audition to Pace? How early did she apply for academics? Did you find out separately for each?
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #62 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaReluctant1
Congratulations JOjo's mom! When was her audition to Pace? How early did she apply for academics? Did you find out separately for each?

The Pace academic application and dance audition are seperate. She applied for academic acceptance back in November after her SAT scores came in. She already had acceptance to the dance program from a scholarship she was awarded at the college scholarship auditions at NYCDA Nationals back in July.
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #63 
Very proud to say DD was accepted into direct entry Physician Assistant programs at both St. John's and Hofstra, both with excellent scholarships.  She will be auditioning for dance team when she makes her final decision next month (going on an overnight visit to decide).  My money is on Hofstra.  [smile]
Amomofonedancer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #64 
Congrats @judie and to your daughter!!
I have not seen ST John's dance team, but I know Hofstra's is very good.
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #65 
So, it was the Marymount audition today. DD loved it! She was called back for the solo portion of the audition. There were 87 kids auditioning and only 34 were called back, so that was pretty awesome. She's very excited about this one... It's pretty firmly secured her first choice spot! One more audition to go!!
musicmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #66 
Marymount is also DD's #1 at the moment. They said we would hear in a few few weeks, so we are hoping something arrives this week.

JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #67 
SO excited to say that DD received her Marymount BFA acceptance letter today! It says that she's been awarded a competitive dance award, but it doesn't say for how much. They determine the award amount when the process the FAFSA info.
musicmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #68 
So did DD! It was strange, though. We should have heard over a week ago. She actually heard by email today which assumes her letter in the mail already arrived. She is SO excited to go to Marymount. Just hoping we can make this work!
hauke3211

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #69 
Excited to chime in as the grueling audition process is over and the results are in. My dancer has been accepted to PACE University Commercial Dance Program as well as University of Arizona School of Dance. She auditioned for Chapman University but was not accepted academically and we haven't heard yet from dance program. Forunately, she didn't like the school  so that one was crossed off the list prior to any results. She has not yet made a final decision but I'm sure that either program ( U of A or PACE) will be wonderful. I'm leaning towards U of A as it is much closer. Would love to hear where others are headed. 

JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauke3211
Excited to chime in as the grueling audition process is over and the results are in. My dancer has been accepted to PACE University Commercial Dance Program as well as University of Arizona School of Dance. She auditioned for Chapman University but was not accepted academically and we haven't heard yet from dance program. Forunately, she didn't like the school  so that one was crossed off the list prior to any results. She has not yet made a final decision but I'm sure that either program ( U of A or PACE) will be wonderful. I'm leaning towards U of A as it is much closer. Would love to hear where others are headed. 

DD got her official acceptance to the BFA Commercial Dance program at Pace yesterday as well.  And she's already received her financial aid packages for both Pace and Point Park.  I was pleased to see that Point Park added a significant grant in addition to the sizable scholarship they'd already awarded her.  BUT, Marymount Manhattan is still her first choice.  Right now he Marymount scholarships are just slightly shy of the pre-grant scholarship from Point Park, so I'm hoping we'll have some pleasant surprised with their financial aid package as well!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #71 
Congratulations to both your dds! 
MSDanceMomma

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #72 
Congrats to all the seniors with acceptances!  An exciting time for you and your dancer!

whitsmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #73 
Whit has been accepted to SUNY, Univ of Arizona, and a couple she is not considering.  We are waiting to hear from USC (her top choice).  Fingers crossed for everyone!
whitsmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #74 
DD got into USC!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #75 
FABULOUS news!!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: