Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 5     «   Prev   2   3   4   5
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #101 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle

My DD's friend from our old studio is starting at Marymount for Dance this fall too.  I wonder how big the program is and if they'll run in to each other.  [smile]

The dance program has about 60 kids each year split with 30 BA and 30 BFA.  DD already knows a good deal of the kids, and they've had a group chat going on with the majority of the BFA kids since about June.  It's strange to think that these kids are going away for college and will still know the majority of their classmates.  LOL
whitsmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #102 
We dropped my dd off at USC this past week.  Classes started today!  She loves it so far!
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #103 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitsmom
We dropped my dd off at USC this past week.  Classes started today!  She loves it so far!

DD knows some AMAZING dancers going to that program!  I'm sure she's going to absolutely love it!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #104 
Quote:
  It's strange to think that these kids are going away for college and will still know the majority of their classmates.  LOL

Dd was commenting today about the number of her friends who did a year or more of training somewhere post-high school who are entering college BFA programs this year. I suspect she may see a bit more of that over the next few years too. She was counting the people she knows who are starting at Butler this fall and realized that she probably knows more the majority of the freshman class and likely has one, maybe 2 degrees of separation from the rest. Pretty much the same at her SI this summer. She did not request roommates but ended up in a suite with people she either knew from before (one good friend too) or people who were friends of friends.

Can't wait to hear more about the USC program as develops, whitsmom! It looks amazing! 
whitsmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #105 
The program at USC is beyond amazing.  Move-in week was fabulous and the opportunities and exposure and training these kids have had in two weeks blows my mind (and the mind of her ballet teacher).  They have learned a Balanchine piece and a William Forsythe piece already.  Casting began first day of class!  They even did a training session with one of the USC football coaches last week.  I was skeptical at first because of the cost, but I am a huge fan.   
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #106 
Are the getting conditioning from the USC coaches? Just wondering. DD is in a trainee program and gets conditioning twice a week from the big name football school nearby, but I think it is someone from the department of dance medicine. So glad the program is all she hoped and more! 
whitsmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #107 
Husband said probably one of the football team trainers, Whitney said coach so who knows...because the first football game she ever saw was USC vs. Alabama Saturday before last so her knowledge is extremely limited!

The dance program puts a great deal of emphasis on outside conditioning and with a class of only 18, they can do some cool things!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: