Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
2grlsdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My DD has to send some of the colleges on her list a video before she is invited to audition. Most are asking for 2 different solos in contrasting styles. Does anyone know if these should be informal in dance clothes in a studio or can you use one from a competition last year? Any others pointers? Also, what is the attire for the in person audition... All black dancewear or do you wear a color to stand out? Thanks!
diglass

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Most colleges I have researched want the audition video to be in dance attire not a costume. I would call the college to ask if you can use a competition video. As for the in person college auditions, make sure to read each colleges website for instructions about what to wear to the audition. Some colleges have a specific attire some don't. Your DD should always keep a spare leotard in her bag and she can change at the last minute if she wants to. It is possible to stand out in a room full of colorful leotards by simply wearing black. Best Wishes!
tapstermom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I believe that our local college does not want the competition video, and would prefer the in the studio wearing normal dance clothing.  I would suggest as Diglass did to research the website and maybe even call them to clarify what they what.  Good luck!
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I agree to check with the college on what to wear.  Most have their preferences listed somewhere on their website.  DD wore a black leo and pink transition tights to all her auditions.  I DO NOT recommend sending a competition video.  I suggest something in the studio in class attire. 
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
As a college prof here, I recommend having the student initiate a conversation - email often works well - with the department if the website is unclear.
2grlsdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks all for your feedback!! It sounds like we will be doing a video in the studio
dancemonkey

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
My daughter has different things she sends depending what the college or program or audition asks for. She has sent pieces of solos and studio work in groups and on her own.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: