Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
We had a thread going which listed a few sites that sold used tutus; I tried searching but can't find it.  Does anyone know where that thread is?

I got an email from WBC that DD12's Swanhilda variation isn't on the approved list of variations for her age so her teacher now wants her to do Odalisque.  I'm scrambling to find a costume but don't want to pay a fortune for it.  I checked Aliexpress but not too thrilled by what they have to offer there. 

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Thanks  [smile]
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We had an absolutely beautiful Odalisque tutu.  I think they still have it, but it would be too big for your tiny dd.  Here's the link - they have a million really pretty used tutus.
https://www.encorecostumecouture.com/
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks!  I love that website; I went through all 701 classical costumes but no Odalisque ones.   I'm probably going to have to have one made.  The good news is that I'll at least have it for next year for YAGP but the bad news is it really isn't in the budget right now!
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Couldn't you have her do flames of paris again?  Seems easier than adding another classical variation to the ones she's already working on
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Funny you should say that because that was my suggestion.   We have a new Russian guy teacher and this is the one he wants her to do.  He likes the turns in it.  I was hoping she could do something where I could use the costume we had made for Le Corsaire Medora and which she used for Flames of Paris.   Oh well. . .  I think she'll keep this variation for next year at YAGP too.  And now we'll just put away Swanhilda for the season.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle
Thanks!  I love that website; I went through all 701 classical costumes but no Odalisque ones.   I'm probably going to have to have one made.  The good news is that I'll at least have it for next year for YAGP but the bad news is it really isn't in the budget right now!

They do still have it...I just found it, but it's an adult x small.  That stinks.  I hope you find one.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: