Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
Shaylenek

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #76 
I just got the final tuition statement and a TIME IS NOW email so I guess it is real.  In 10 days I will be leaving my eldest child 18+ hours away to start her new endeavor.  I am really excited for her because she is really excited.  The entire household is going to miss her.  I worry about that first phone call from her when she gets homesick but also very happy with the choices she is making and very proud of her for working so hard and reaching for her dreams.  We will need a dance mom whine night in about 2 weeks.  Happy packing.
nowmomto3

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #77 
How is everyone in the Class of 2019 doing after getting settled in? 

My D is doing well.  She settled in fairly quickly, thankfully!  We missed her like crazy, but it seems she is having a great time!  Classes started last week and auditions immediately began.  She realized that she had more time in her schedule than she had originally thought, so she just added a musical theatre jazz/tap class to her schedule, which I am happy about it.  Her program is typically ballet/modern which is great but I am happy she will continue with other styles.  Her proximity to NYC is already proving to be a bonus, her first weekend was spent going into the city and taking a class at BDC.  So far so good, hopefully the honeymoon period continues and this school proves to be the right fit for her!

Would love to hear how everyone is liking their schools!!
dncemom01

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #78 
DS has settled in and likes his classes for the most part.  He was able to transfer to the Chuck E Cheese there (that literally just re-opened last week after the 2011 tornados destroyed it) and really likes the new store. He was able to come home for the long weekend.  It did  my mommas heart good to see him for sure!!  He will be back in a few weeks for the homecoming game at the highschool (a bunch of last years football seniors are coming back for this game) but then it will be either late Oct or Thanksgiving before he is able to come home again.
mom2rb

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #79 
DS is fitting in well. He loves the school and his classes. I think Labor Day did hit him about how far away he is. Most of the kids could go home for the long weekend. He has made friends with a lot of the international students which helps, they can't go home either.
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #80 
DD18 is LOVING it!   Has already auditioned for additional performance opportunities ..... was bumped from the typical freshman modern class to the next level up ....she is really enjoying herself ...... her fb status the other day was ....

"Get up, dance , eat , dance, eat , eat some more ....I love college!"  [biggrin]

MSDanceMomma

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #81 
That is wonderful to read.  My daughter is not dancing in college but is (hopefully) dancing with her sorority for a routine they do during homecoming week.  She has replaced dance hours with sorority stuff.  Her classes are going well so far and her roomie is wonderful and has many things in common so hoping they will end up being good friends for years.  She was able to get home for Labor Day but does not think she will be able to get home for her HS homecoming which is disappointing to her as she has two good friends nominated for homecoming court.   She now hopes to get home for a couple of other games to see her dance team perform and some of her HS friends.   
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #82 
Dd is doing great so far. I bought her a plane ticket to visit friends at another college for Labor Day Weekend. She was missing her friends from home but none of them are at home now. She loves her dance classes and dance team. Between the 2 she has 20-24 hours of dance per week. That plus academic classes and sorority doesn't leave her time to be homesick. I'm doing fine so far with her in school. I've had the freedom to spend more time with my extended family and visit my 2 older kids too
Shaylenek

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #83 
I love reading the updates!  DD is thoroughly enjoying her school and her program.  I keep getting giggling, happy phone calls which helps make the 20 hour distance so much better.  She jumped in with both feet with 18 credit hours but she gets to dance for half of them and she is living in an fine arts-focused dorm so she is settled and loving it.  It is already "home" when you talk to her.  She has been cast in all of the productions for the year and made the student company so she got new professional photos the second week of school.  Still don't get why that is so much fun for dancer girls but it is [wink]  Her dad is going down this next weekend for her first show.  We can't afford a ton of flights back and forth so he is going now.  Her boyfriend is going down for fall break next month and I am going in November for the second show.  It split up the costs but keeps her in touch with home every month.  We did have one homesick phone call - but she had sinus infection, her new friends had gone on an excursion and she was watching our home football team on tv by herself.  So a culmination of stuff I think.  I have to admit that I am sad about missing her first show - and that I have spent too much money shipping stuff to her every week because we either forgot it or couldn't fit it in when we took her down.  My 16 DD had to go to her first Nutcracker audition without her sister this weekend.  That was a bit tough.    
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.