Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
MimisMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My daughter will be starting her solo and trio choreography next week. I’m assuming it goes much quicker than the usual weekly choreography for groups? First year doing solo and trio. DD is 7.
rubydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Our experience is that DD comes out of half hour solo sessions with 3-4 new 8-counts. It's quite different from group choreo where they meet for 4 days and get most of a dance done, then clean and add the rest of the season.
LeapYear0208

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
My DD learned her solo in about 2 hours over 2 days this summer. Last year was her first one and it took her 4 hours over a few days to get it.
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I’ve seen our studio approach it two ways: give them a bunch and then cleaning/fixing after or giving a little and really fine tuning as they go. Pros and cons to both especially depending on the dancer. After 5 half hours my 8 year old has about 2 8 counts left. And the parts done could be performed fairly well now if need be.

Trios will depend on if doing the same or different stuff.
jamquint1

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
My dd and ds get bits at a time and clean as they go. My dd's solo is finished. My ds's solo has a few 8 counts left to add. Then, if they are feeling confident, they will add some difficulty to some of the skills
Sprmom2679

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We do 3-4 hours for a solo split over 2 days.  Trio's are usually done in 1 or 2 session of 2-3 hours.
2dornot2d

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
For younger kids our DTs schedule a series of 30 minutes, as their attention and memorizing choreo is not as strong as older kids. The 30 minute choreography sessions become cleaning privates when the choreography is done and not regularly scheduled.

Older kids (10 and up in our case) do 1-1.5 hour blocks until they finish then 30 minute private sessions to clean afterwards. When teens/seniors have a guest choreographer they do in one session for 4-5 hours. Cleaning sessions are done with any DT they want to work with and whenever they want to.
elastigal

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
DD9 just finished her solo choreography this week. So now they clean every week from now on. They started in summer (4 sessions) and finished it in 8 sessions - so took 6 hours. This is her first solo and I have loved the process, seeing it all come together. Last year she had a duet and I'd say it definitely took a bit longer to do.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.