Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Got about half way through those movie and had to turn it off cause it was so bad.

Chloe's acting was awful and forced. That scene in the cabin where she was all excited about being roommates was so bad I thought it was a joke. And them saying she looked so young was stupid too becuase she does NOT look young - girl could pass for 32 if she wanted to. Her dancing was not good either and that one scene where she was on stage auditioning her knees were bent in her aerial and her feet almost flexed. I just went into the movie expecting so much better from her cause I read some people raving about her performance, but wow they are sheep if they think she was good. Complete sheep, really.

Then what was even worse than the forced/gratuitous Chloe role was that the main character couldn't dance AT ALL. To see that Jonathan character from the original movie say her couldn't keep his eyes off of her was almost sac-religious. If they were going to tolerate bad acting, how in the world could they not make sure that every single character could actually dance? Epsecially the main character?

And so much of the plot was just an insult to dance - grown professional-level modern dancers who don't have a ballet foundation? The AD of ABT thinking dancers who never took ballet in their lives are just going to "pick it up" in a 6 week camp? Going on pointe after only a week of ballet training?

The whole thing just made the first center stage movie look like the greatest movie of all time. At least all those people could act better than Disney Channel kids and could dance better than the average teen comp dancer.

The tall blonde ballerina girl was good dancer though, and most of the boys too. Them actually trying to play it off like the main character and Chloe were in the same league as them dance-wise was also a major flaw in the movie.

PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Pretty much ditto gymmommy71, I love me some cheesy lifetime movies but this was horrible. Perhaps it would have been watchable if I knew *nothing* about dance.
Momof3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmckee
I haven't seen it yet, but the man who placed Damon, Barton Coperthwaite is from our studio.  He is kind of fantastic, so I am looking forward to seeing it.

LOVE watching him dance. He's done a guest star role in the Nutcracker my DDs danced in the past two years. Gorgeous dancer.
Dancerfun

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer
I thought it was ok, but it bothered me that the lead actress was not a strong dancer. i thought it was a missed opportunity to showcase an amazing modern dancer. Oh well. It was fun to watch, except for the occasional cringe.

Exactly!!! I was incredibly disappointed in the choice for the lead. And puzzled by it. I also enjoy watching just about anything dance related, but this one was an overall disappointment for me, unfortunately.
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancerfun

Exactly!!! I was incredibly disappointed in the choice for the lead. And puzzled by it. I also enjoy watching just about anything dance related, but this one was an overall disappointment for me, unfortunately.

She's the same actress who originated the role in the 2008 Center Stage movie. She was not in the original Center Stage movie. The character is not supposed to be a trained dancer. It's her whole backstory. I totally agree she's a terrible dancer and I also thought it was weird that she didn't have access to dance class, leotards or tights when her sister was a world famous dancer
mookiel

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #31 
I haven't seen this so maybe I'm off but isn't the intended demographic young girls? I'm not surprised adults don't enjoy it.
LABaby

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiel
I haven't seen this so maybe I'm off but isn't the intended demographic young girls? I'm not surprised adults don't enjoy it.

I mean, it's on LIFETIME, not Disney or Nick, so I think it's meant for everyone, not just kids. 
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
The AD of ABT 

ABC.. The American Ballet Company, not to be confused with the real life ABT.  At least, that's what they called the company in the previous movies. 

Quote:
Going on pointe after only a week of ballet training? 

And what fabulous inspiration for all the kids out there who want pointe shoes. (said no one, ever.)
mookiel

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABaby

I mean, it's on LIFETIME, not Disney or Nick, so I think it's meant for everyone, not just kids. 

Umm okay. As far as I know we don't have lifetime in Canada. So I wasn't aware. Still think the intended demographic for this movie is tweens but that's just me.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Lifetime movies are meant to be silly and soapy and fun, best watched in groups so you can mock them.  I still have this on my DVR, but I suspect it fit
ChelleB70

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #36 
My 13 yo dd and I just watched it last night.  She got a kick out of seeing Chloe in it but we both agree she shouldn't quit her day job. LOL  We liked the story but the dancing was definitely lacking.  I get that they wanted to use the same Bella from the other movie but still....wow!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: