Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
LABaby

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I saw a thread a while back talking about Chloe's performance in the new Center Stage movie. DD9 just showed me this clip today and I thought I'd share.

gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for sharing! She looks good in that clip. We were big Chloe fans in the early years of dancemoms so I truly hope she knocks this lifetime movie out of the park (For a Lifetime movie that is hahah).
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We're looking forward to this movie  [smile]
Klba37

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Can't wait to see the movie!
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I hope it's good. It looks interesting
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #6 
When is it on?
DDdances

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
When is it on?

This Wednesday on Lifetime.
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDdances
This Wednesday on Lifetime.

It's on on Wednesday?  I didn't think it was until the 25th? 
DDdances

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JojosDanceMom

It's on on Wednesday?  I didn't think it was until the 25th? 

Forgive me I was multi tasking. Meeting is on Wednesday to coworker !
Yes, movie is out Friday
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
The movie premiers tonight on lifetime 8pm eastern, 7pm central time. We have the DVR set!
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
have the DVR set.  Cant wait. 
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I did not care for it. I loved the original even though it was a bit cheesy. Idk, the acting wasn't good and I didn't care for the story or the characters. It was so predictable. I wanted to like it but I didn't.
dncemom01

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
We went into knowing it was a lifetime movie. My daughter really enjoyed and I thought it was pretty good considering.
sansha

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I had it on,  not realizing Chloe was in it until I looked up and saw her standing in the back of the  group.  Instantly recognizable, just taller.  But then, having Chloe in the movie, I think my focus shifted.  I was confused why she seemed to be  more in the beginning of the movie, and the script made a big deal of her and the lead being "bunk buddies", i.e., sharing a cabin, implying they would be friends and Chloe a co star in the movie, involved in the plot.  But then she seemed to be out of the rest of the movie, except to stand/dance in the background,  and have a little cameo at the end. She hardly exchanged a word with the star of the movie after that and they had no closure. The 2nd half of the movie seemed to involve only four dancers, who I didn't care about much. 

I suppose Chloe's acting was adequate,  It was the script that confused me.  She did seem to overact in the whole bunk buddies scene, as if they were best friends. It made me wonder the rest of the movie why that scene existed, as she basically didn't have any "friendship" to explain that exuberance. But again, that was the script, unless they cut those scenes.  To be fair, her character was supposed to be the youngest.  I think the script was mostly at fault.  Maybe I missed something.
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoesx2
I wanted to like it but I didn't.

My thoughts exactly!
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #16 
I liked it. Considering you always have to suspend reality when watching dance movies and this one is for Lifetime I thought it was entertaining. The lead is a horrible dancer but I liked that they kept the actress from her same role 8 years ago. All the main Center Stage men showed up. The two dancers other than Bella that they focused on were so much fun to watch. I really liked the boy. I have no idea who he is and I haven't looked him up. Don't you wish dance studios and companies took spreading rumors so seriously
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
We enjoyed it. For a Lifetime movie it was good.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
I also thought it weird that they made Chloe a focus in the beginning and then you just didn't see her. The lead girl was cute, reminded me a bit of Gabriella in HS Musical but not the best dancer which kind of surprised me. I also felt the movie lacked any great dance scenes. Little snippets here and there but not enough for a dance movie...Lifetime or not and FTR, I am a fan of all those cheesy Lifetime movies!
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I thought it was ok, but it bothered me that the lead actress was not a strong dancer. i thought it was a missed opportunity to showcase an amazing modern dancer. Oh well. It was fun to watch, except for the occasional cringe.
DanceMomof3DDs

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #20 
part of the description: "Alongside other top dancers, including Gwen, will Bella have what it takes to make the cut?" 

pretty sure they just hired Chloe to attract her fanbase, which is why she was featured at the beginning and not throughout the film's duration. And I agree, I wish Bella's actress was a dancer. The blonde ballerina was incredible, though, imho. 
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Bella wasn't a new character. She was in the second Center Stage movie 8 years ago. They used the same actress. I guess they could have recast the role to have a better dancer but if they were going to do that they should just create a different character
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
I thought it was awful. Bad acting combined with really bad dancing. The blonde ballerina was pretty in ballet but the modern/contemporary was painful to watch. I don't know why they couldn't find people who could act and dance. I know kids who could have done a 100 times better.
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
I haven't seen it yet, but the man who placed Damon, Barton Coperthwaite is from our studio.  He is kind of fantastic, so I am looking forward to seeing it.
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmckee
I haven't seen it yet, but the man who placed Damon, Barton Coperthwaite is from our studio.  He is kind of fantastic, so I am looking forward to seeing it.

He was the best part of the movie by far. When we were watching he didn't seem special at first but then he had his improv and dd and I both were really impressed. He's a very talented dancer
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmom
He was the best part of the movie by far. When we were watching he didn't seem special at first but then he had his improv and dd and I both were really impressed. He's a very talented dancer

Agree he was the best dancer. I hated the choreography they gave them. We felt like some dancers might have looked better if given better material to work with.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: