Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
shewolf

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Can you shrink tights? My child just got her tights for todays recital. The teacher didnt have her size at rehersal and always waits until the last possible minute. She just gave me a pair of balera large child. Well my six year old weighs 50 pounds and is tiny usually wears a IC. At leat they are footless. They are way too long but I guarentee they will work for at leat 3 or 4 years. Show is at 5:30. Do you think I could shrink them somehow???????????? We have footed and conversion tights but the teacher said nope she has to wear these... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Make the teacher adjust them then! Bring a pair of scissors just in case the teacher needs to cut them off.
shewolf

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
If I cut them do you think they will run
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
They probably won't run. DD cuts her older tights to be thigh length regularly with no issues. Sometimes makes warm ups out of them too (cut out the crotch for the neck, the legs become arms)

prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendumom
They probably won't run. DD cuts her older tights to be thigh length regularly with no issues. Sometimes makes warm ups out of them too (cut out the crotch for the neck, the legs become arms)

Could you post a picture of the warmups version of what to do with old tights?  I'm usually pretty good at visualizing, but I am not seeing it.  (or perhaps describe what happens to the waistband?

Also, I am curious about when she wears thigh length tights?

Thanks for good ideas about how to repurpose old tights!
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Pinterest has a plethora of ideas beyond this as well [smile]
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you 5678StarMom!
gandalf

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shewolf

Can you shrink tights? My child just got her tights for todays recital. The teacher didnt have her size at rehersal and always waits until the last possible minute. She just gave me a pair of balera large child. Well my six year old weighs 50 pounds and is tiny usually wears a IC. At leat they are footless. They are way too long but I guarentee they will work for at leat 3 or 4 years. Show is at 5:30. Do you think I could shrink them somehow???????????? We have footed and conversion tights but the teacher said nope she has to wear these... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been 2 days, we are dieing to know how it turned out. My advise would have been to see about switching it with another dancer who's tights were too small

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.