Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
fragng2

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Can I use hot fix stones on this leotard.   I don't want to burn through the lace. sl10073.jpg   
iceberg*lover

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I think hot fix would be fine!! I’ve never had a problem with it burning through.
amandafarris03

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
put parchment between the layers and itll be fine.  personally I would e6000 though.
karenc

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
It might burn/melt the mesh if it's nylon.  I'd limit the stones to just the thicker lace parts which probably have some poly in it.  You can glue hotfix stones just fine as well.
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
be super careful.  I melted fabric with an applique last year.  I would go with E6000. I second the parchment paper and maybe even a handkerchief or something to separate the layers.
fragng2

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenc
It might burn/melt the mesh if it's nylon.  I'd limit the stones to just the thicker lace parts which probably have some poly in it.  You can glue hotfix stones just fine as well.
fragng2

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Is there any technique to gluing without getting glue all over. I tried gluing one time and always glue coming out from the stone.
amandafarris03

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragng2
Is there any technique to gluing without getting glue all over. I tried gluing one time and always glue coming out from the stone.

if you can find the e6000 with the beading tip that is what you need.  it lets a smaller amount out.  you will always likely have some overbleed but you can't see it from stage.

https://www.amazon.com/E6000-231020-Adhesive-Precision-Tips/dp/B00JP3X9WE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515183517&sr=8-1&keywords=e6000+jewelry+and+bead+adhesive

mic123

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I have always used jewel it and have never had a problem with the stones coming off.  It dries clear, and easy to work with.
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
On a side note/ I think my daughter is also wearing thins this season.

Whenever I have done lace i use e6000 and something between the layers
fragng2

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
My dancer added a detachable skirt to this, we will see how it looks after getting it.    The studio ordered it for us on Weissman's.   It will not be delivered until 2/28, first competition is 3/4, sigh....  does not give me much time to stone it, as I will be away until 3/2.    

That is why I am worried about ruining it, no time to reorder if I make a mistake.
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragng2
My dancer added a detachable skirt to this, we will see how it looks after getting it.    The studio ordered it for us on Weissman's.   It will not be delivered until 2/28, first competition is 3/4, sigh....  does not give me much time to stone it, as I will be away until 3/2.    

That is why I am worried about ruining it, no time to reorder if I make a mistake.

Yes she is having a back skirt sown into it. Omg that is stressful! We have ours already. Just waiting for the stones and what the DT wants us to do- but we go out early feb. I’ve done lots of lace but only with e6000. Lace is forgiving with “sloppier” stoning.
fragng2

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 
What month did you order? Dud the studio order for you? My dancer is dancing to creep, what is your dancer dancing to.
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I messaged you! I don’t know when it was ordered. She mentioned the idea and showed me in September, I think. But I had the color wrong...
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
What was/is your rhinestone plan? About that time here... and since we’ve established we won’t see each other at competitions I’d love to hear your plan.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.