Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
mom24

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I have one DD who is just beginning to develop up top and is VERY self-conscious about it.  She doesn't want to be popping through the top of her leo in class, but also doesn't want anything that shows in the back.  Of course, every leo she owns was picked for the pretty straps in the back.  She doesn't really need support, just coverage.  Do you use sticky flower petal things for that?  Or is there some kind of bralette that won't show?
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Look for leotards that are lined in front. There will be an extra layer which will help the issue. I remember it was a problem for the 10-12 year old set at her old studio because the uniforms were not lined like they were for the older dancers. 
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Depending on the rules at your studio, she might be able to wear a sports bra underneath. Othwise I would look into lined leos. I suspect the petals themselves will show through an unlined leo, but you could give it a try.
Livsmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We buy strappy little sports bras. Our studio is pretty lenient with that. I have gotten her several colors to go under the required black leo. If they are super strict at your studio I would look for the leos with the built in bras.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
If she is free to chose a leotard style (no dress code specifying a specific style), Capezio makes a line with built in bras. I think they are called Bratech
JulieDB

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
My daughter insisted on the ones with the built in bras. When she got older, she switched to black bras but she was picky about them. Had to be one that wouldn't show. Then again, she didn't like leos that were very low cut, front or back.
DanceForFun

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Our studio allows sports bra or bra under leo for class. During shows and comps they wear what my daughters laughingly call their "naked suits" . (flesh colored & lined)
Erika

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
When that happened to my daughter she wore the petals. When she outgrew those leotards, I bought her the ones lined in the front. She also doesn't really need the full support of a bra underneath and loves the leos with the pretty back straps. 
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Our studio will let them wear whatever they want under the proper class leo, though most do not wear anything underneath.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #10 
We had girls of all shapes and sizes and they were allowed to wear whatever they were comfortable in under their dance attire for class.  For comp they were very conscious that some of the girls just could not go without so they either had something built in, the girls had adjustable bras or the costumes were built in such a way that a regular bra wouldn't show.
Savira

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #11 
At our school they are not allowed to wear anything under, except for a nude leotard. Those are low-cut front and back therefore don't show under a regular dance leotard.
I bought one very affordable online.
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
The girls who need them at our school can wear a bra under for classes. They have various options they use for competition. My older DD doesn't need anything but is terrified of her nipples showing from a costume malfunction (all mental) so she puts some bandaids on and calls it a day. Again it's only for her peace of mind- but a much cheaper option that fancy flowers
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
There's also the low back under leos that could be worn under what she already has. At out studio, all the girls like to wear crazy colored sports bras under their practice pieces. For comps and conventions they are just required to wear something that matches the practice pieces and is nude for the costumes.
threegirlpileup

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #14 
My dd is large busted, and she prefers snug fitting leos without a bra--but chooses either halter style or one with good coverage up top. The strappy ones just don't provide enough coverage or support. There are lots these days with lace or mesh that have worked great for her. It has taken some trial and error but she now has a good selection of leos that work well.
threegirlpileup

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #15 
I'm happy to share some links but not sure if that's allowed....
mom24

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 
If you wouldn't mind sharing, that would be WONDERFUL!  
Megan.Welfare@gmail.com
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
DD12 needs to wear a bra and gave up the pretty strappy leos for tank style leos and a sports bra for classes.  for under costumes, she has a nude foundation leo with support.    
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceTumbleCheerMom
DD12 needs to wear a bra and gave up the pretty strappy leos for tank style leos and a sports bra for classes.  for under costumes, she has a nude foundation leo with support.    

Which one have you found with support?  All the ones I've been able to find either are completely unlined or have a full front lining, nothing with even a shelf bra!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.