Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD11 will be doing some SI auditions this year. Her arches have never been a strength, but they have improved a lot in the past two years.

Does the Bloch Pro Arch shoe really help with the appearance of the arch? The reviews on the shoe make me concerned that the fit isn't the best. I know that nothing but good old hard work will strengthen the arch, but I've learned that at auditions it certainly makes sense to present oneself in the best light (see other topic in Workshops, Master Classes, and Intensives).

Are there other canvas slippers you'd recommend that help present the arch in the best light, so to speak?
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My daughter has banana feet however she doesn't like it when shoes hinder the appearance of her arch (she admits this is vain but it's one thing she's particular about) - for her, the only flat she will wear is the Wear Moi Vesta. It hugs her feet just perfectly. This is probably something that is going to differ from dancer to dancer, though. So, I would find a local store with a good selection of canvas ballet slippers and try them all on to see how they look on your daughter's foot. 
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
My daughters feet are not a strength. These are her favorites so far because of a nice clean fit.
https://www.capezio.com/ballet-slippers-hanami-ballet?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwe31mdHX1wIViYSzCh0hUgaGEAAYASAAEgLs4vD_BwE
dancemonkey

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Do you have access to a local dance store. That really is the most beneficial way to get a proper fit in any dance shoe.
pirouettemom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I don’t know about that particular Bloch style, but I think Bloch Zenith help accentuate the arch.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Capezio Hanami.  DD knows many dancers who wear these.  She loves them too.  One of DD's friends from her studio who is now at Pace won't wear any other ones.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Right now my DD will only wear Russian Pointe Vivante
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks ladies. One of the local dance shops was holding a Black Friday sale, so off we went.

Capezio Hanami won out. She loves the fit and feel, and she insists her arch looks better. Lol!
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Phx115. My dd agrees! Glad she found slippers she likes and feels good in!
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
My dd loves the Hanamis as well. Good choice [wink]
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Our studio is thinking about switching to the Hanami this year. Good choice. 
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasDeChatMom
My daughter has banana feet however she doesn't like it when shoes hinder the appearance of her arch (she admits this is vain but it's one thing she's particular about) - for her, the only flat she will wear is the Wear Moi Vesta. It hugs her feet just perfectly. This is probably something that is going to differ from dancer to dancer, though. So, I would find a local store with a good selection of canvas ballet slippers and try them all on to see how they look on your daughter's foot. 

My daughter is the same. She loved her first pair of pointe shoes because it made her banana feet look amazing. Her next pair are much harder shanked and therefore not as "pretty". 
sarahannexo

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer
My daughters feet are not a strength. These are her favorites so far because of a nice clean fit. https://www.capezio.com/ballet-slippers-hanami-ballet?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwe31mdHX1wIViYSzCh0hUgaGEAAYASAAEgLs4vD_BwE

These are a beautiful, clean fit - but they don't hold up well at all. My daughter needed a new pair monthly before switching to Wear Moi canvas ballet shoes. The big toes in Hanami constantly developed holes from the outside. The owner of our local dancewear shop said she had similar complaints (as well as stitching issues) and we've also seen it on our team with other dancers.

Just my two cents/experience. 
2dornot2d

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
My DDs are also big Hanami fans. The stretch fabric is thinner than any other stretch canvas they've had and hugs the arch the best. Yes that means they wear out faster than other shoes [frown]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.