Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
czmcdaniel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Tiny Dancer received her Big Buddy today at her studio's Buddy Reveal Party......and so now we have to put together a Buddy Gift Basket??  I have a million ideas but they will cost me an arm and a leg.....  Never really had to do this before...Any suggestions?  Do I go novelty or meaningful? Trying to help her be creative and "cool" to this big girl...and lets face it - Tiny is 9 so Mom is going to be doing the leg work here..... 
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Super easy...Make a tie fleece blanket in the studio colors.  You can have your DD help with the project which will make it more special.  

Wrap in a cute ribbon and bow and it's good to go.  It's kind of a mix of sentiment and useful.  DD always had a fleece blanket in our DD for every competition.
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Older girls almost always like Starbucks and water cups/bottles - she could personalize one of these as another idea.
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
So glad we have never had to do this. I don't have a problem with the concept of an older mentor, just the requirement of giving gifts. Dance is expensive enough without having the added financial requirement of a buddy gift. Having said that, the above suggestions are both good ideas. Rant over lol
tapstermom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
My dd received a fleece blanket my her lil sister, and we just at every competition and performance-in she has it today at 22.  It doesn't have to be expensive really.   She also enjoyed the Starbucks gift cards as well as Target.  
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
DDs Little took one of those flocked hangers, out DDs name, a ribbon and some rhinestones on it. So cute!
czmcdaniel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Fleece blanket sounds good... I'll start with that...Also looking at Matching Necklaces that wont cost me a lot.  Was suggested matching or Big/Lil' T-shirts, but I don't like any that I have seen so far and I don't want to guess this girl's size and be wrong.... 

I don't mind the sentiment behind the Bigs and Littles...I don't even mind the gift idea...I just have never experienced this aspect of it.  She had a Big Sis for cheer last year, but that was more b/c her team had a big age split so the "Bigs" kept track of the "Littles" when they were in areas the parents couldn't be to help out the coaches make sure everyone was where they needed to be...

dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
"Fuzzy socks" always seem to go over well.
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
My daughter is a big buddy.  Some of her favorite gifts have been gift cards to places like Starbucks, Subway, or the movie theater, an inexpensive pair of sunglasses, a tie blanket, Bath and Body Works Wallflowers and the car equivalent of a Wallflower, and homemade cookies.  Another one that she really loved was when her buddy found out that she was sick, she sent home a soup mix that they had made at school that was meant to be a gift for her parents.  It was really good soup.  We have always been considered the big buddy.  Buying things for a little buddy seems a lot easier.
czmcdaniel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Little Buddies seem easier..I mean what Little Buddy doesn't love cheap jewelery and stuffed animals?  
Jinkerbelle

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
My daughter made matching T-shirts for her and her little buddy. We bought plain black T at Michael's and some really cute sparkly iron on letters.
They said on the front "name of studio" Buddy. And on the back they put each other's name. So my daughter had a shirt with her buddy's name on the back that said "I ❤️ Maria". And her little buddy got a shirt that said the same but with my daughter's name. She loved getting a matching shirt with one of the big girls! It was about $20 total for both T-shirts!
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Such a cute idea [smile]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: