Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
threegirlpileup

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Really, I think it comes down to finding a program that has sufficiently rigorous dance training—which seems more likely but not guaranteed in a BFA program. Definitely it’s important to look at each program individually. Agita indeed!
mom2ztl

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #27 
I wanted to throw out Ohio University's honors tutorial program.  https://www.ohio.edu/honors/

It's a pretty unique program where the student works with a tutor to create a customized degree (no general ed requirements).  The website does a better job of explaining it than I can! Anyway, a BFA in Dance is one of the degrees available under the honors tutorial umbrella.  I would say one of the dance department's strengths is choreography (they are definitely not in the business of producing ballerinas).

My daughter is a student there - I'm happy to answer questions via P.M. if anyone has any.

Good luck - I agree with everyone who said they really have to visit and experience the schools to form their own opinions.
threegirlpileup

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ztl
I wanted to throw out Ohio University's honors tutorial program.  https://www.ohio.edu/honors/

It's a pretty unique program where the student works with a tutor to create a customized degree (no general ed requirements).  The website does a better job of explaining it than I can! Anyway, a BFA in Dance is one of the degrees available under the honors tutorial umbrella.  I would say one of the dance department's strengths is choreography (they are definitely not in the business of producing ballerinas).

My daughter is a student there - I'm happy to answer questions via P.M. if anyone has any.

Good luck - I agree with everyone who said they really have to visit and experience the schools to form their own opinions.

Thanks, I’ll have a look!
UNC-Greensboro (in-state for us) similarly has a residential college program that can help it feel like a smaller school, as well as a strong dance department.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.