Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Billpayer2000

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Our studio sells revolution. The shoes and Leos are okay, but the tights are horrendous.

I prefer capezio. What are your favorites in terms of durability and comfort?
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My daughter's favorites are the Capezio 1916 - soft waist band but the tights last well. 
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Body Wrappers convertible.  (They even come in tall!)
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Dd prefers Gaynor tights. When she needs to wear seamed (she is supposed to for some reason), she likes their newest pseudo-mesh pseudo seamed tights. They are pricier but seem to last longer and I think they hold their color longer than Capezio. She wore Capezio for many years before this. She also likes the Zarely tights, but they are far too expensive for everyday! 
elastigal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
DD wears Mondor tights - their 316 Ultra Soft ones, Ballerina pink for all ballet and Suntan for jazz and tap. She wears the 319s if she needs convertible. She has been wearing them for years and they last. The colour on the pink ones does fade over time, as I would expect. She is still wearing tights from last year.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We're required to wear body wrappers on stage. Off stage I buy the cheap Natalie brand from discount dance. They actually hold up better, IMO, than the more pricey body wrappers and my daughter prefers them. 
amandafarris03

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
we like the capezio hold and stretch (they changed their name on that but they are the same thing!)
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Zarely - hands down.
summer03

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Gaynor tights for class, and Zarely for performance!
HTownDanceMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Body Wrappers have seem to last forever, DD has had the same few pairs all season and not a snag, rip or tear!
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Curious about zarely - I've seen this brand recommended so many times before I thought I'd order a few pairs for DD before her SIs this year. Which style is recommended by you? I see performance, rehearsal and compression. Are they all great? Do they last well? We have generally preferred capezio mesh or just regular capezio in the past, but I feel like the quality is not consistent anymore. I may also get a pair of gaynor to try out as well.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
And the zarley tights hold up well? Does anyone know how the color looks with Russian Pointe shoes?

Thanks [smile]
pirouettemom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Also curious about Zarely - do they have any that don't look weird (I think the rehearsal tights have some obvious patterning on them) or have seamed legs?  Also curious if they really make legs look slimmer and more hyperextended ?!
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
DD loves the Mini Minden tights. They're super comfy. They don't seem quite as durable as some other brands though.
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
We are required to wear body wrappers as well.  
aking9957

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Ms Paige will only wear Prima Soft. Super hard to find but she loves them.
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer
Body Wrappers convertible.  (They even come in tall!)

This might explain a pair of Body Wrappers tights my daughter has that are as tall as she is! I think they might have been mis-packaged but it was good for a laugh.
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
DD loves Gaynor Minden tights. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: