Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
tappmom223

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My DS has been complaining that the socks we have for tap are too thin, even though they're not worn through. I'm wondering what socks work best for tap, especially for his Bloch TapFlex. 
Kfish1987

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My daughter doesn't wear any socks with her tap shoes. When she does, the socks are either no shoe nylon socks or no show sweat socks
peachygreen98

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 

My daughter wears either her tights or she wears some thin socks (on rehearsal days when she doesn't have to wear tights, not class days or performance days when she does).  For her solo costume she wears thin white cotton bobby socks over her tights.  

I think it all depends on the fit of the shoe and comfort.  Do they need to be a certain color or no show? 

I personally wear the thinnest little PEDS no show socks with my Bloch Flex tap shoes.  I just want enough to keep my feet from sweating and slipping in the shoes.  The type I wear have grippers on them so the sock doesn't move.  I've tried some of my other socks and they were either too thick or slipped on my foot in the shoe.  

threegirlpileup

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My dd uses thin athletic socks--the short ones that mostly don't show.

rubydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
If she's in a long tap class, DD will wear apolla shocks with her tap shoes. They are pretty thick, wick moisture, and provide extra ankle support.
prancer

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #6 
For long classes my dd and her friends wore elite basketball socks - same idea as Apolla but easier to get at the mall.
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
My DS generally wears no socks. For performance, usually a very thin dress sock.
DanceMomInTraining

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #8 
My daughter needs black socks to wear with her tap shoes.  I'm thinking of getting her a pair of black trouser socks (black-tight knee highs) that she can put over her nude/beige tights.  i figure they are thin and won't impact the way her tap shoes fit.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.