Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
shannona626

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My DH may be looking at a job in Berkeley County, SC area.  I'm not sure if we will be making the jump, but starting to look at schools and other things in the area in case it's a good job change.   Are there any studios in the area that are worth looking into? My daughter is 8, almost 9 and competes.  I prefer strong technique over anything, though.
simbar

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We've attended competitions with Tapio School if Dance and Gymnastics which is in Mount Pleasant. One of our teachers at my daughter's studio worked there while at college and still comes there do do choreo and master classes.
beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We have a few dancers that drive to our studio from that area but it's a hike! They are also older and are more serious than a younger dancer and don't mind the drive. But for an almost 9-year-old you probably don't want to make that trek. There are a couple of good ballet schools down there but if she wants to compete, then I would suggest also looking at Creative Edge Dance Center.
pagirl410

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Hello 

I live in Charleston County and there are a number of studios but each has a different genre which they tend to stand out in.  Also, it depends on how much they focus on competition.  We moved here 4 years ago when my daughter was 9 and are at our 2nd studio.

Let me know how I can help.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.