Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
JustAnotherDanceMom7

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
So, we are going to Believe next weekend, as our usual comp that we attend on the same weekend each year sold out very early.  We had to pick a SDA comp, since we are competing at Nexstar nationals and needed a regional in the same family to qualify. 

Anyone have any experience at this comp?  We have never been and looks like it's just two days, Sat and Sunday, with solos starting later in the day on Saturday.  So small, comparatively, to what we usually attend. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherDanceMom7
So, we are going to Believe next weekend, as our usual comp that we attend on the same weekend each year sold out very early.  We had to pick a SDA comp, since we are competing at Nexstar nationals and needed a regional in the same family to qualify. 

Anyone have any experience at this comp?  We have never been and looks like it's just two days, Sat and Sunday, with solos starting later in the day on Saturday.  So small, comparatively, to what we usually attend. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Following! DD also competes at Believe the weekend after that at the same location! Let us know how you like it! Good luck!
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Let us know how it went and any venue info! Thanks in advance!
JustAnotherDanceMom7

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I left you venue and logistical information on your Capitol Theater thread [smile]

Comp was pretty small (from what we're used to), but very well run and there were some competitive studios there.  Our team did awesome! DD received platinum, 1st in category and 2nd overall for her new solo.  She was THRILLED.  That is the highest she has ever placed, so she was over the moon.  Our groups did amazing.  Several 1st - 3rd overall sweeps, platinums and platinum plus adjudications and two numbers earned highest scoring advanced group for their age groups for the weekend.  Our teen large group contemp received highest scoring number of the entire competition.  Kids were pumped and I am so happy they did so well.  They'll be riding that good energy going into recital and then nationals.

I would go back to the comp.  I just wish it were a little bit bigger, entry wise.  Other than that, I have no complaints!

Have a great time, good luck and let me know how it goes!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: