Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Is anyone familiar with this company or SI?   The new teacher at our ballet school has taught at their SI for the past 4 years and there is an opportunity for DD12 to go to their SI this summer for 4 weeks.  I just wondered if anyone had any experience with it?
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Indirect experience. DD knows two people who each spent a season there at this very young company. No experience with the SI.

If you are still looking for a well established, known to be strong SI, have you tried contacting programs she was accepted to? Some may have space left.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendumom
Indirect experience. DD knows two people who each spent a season there at this very young company. No experience with the SI. If you are still looking for a well established, known to be strong SI, have you tried contacting programs she was accepted to? Some may have space left.

What did your daughters' friends have to say about it?

No, I don't want to send her to one of the programs we turned down.  I am considering Bay Pointe because her teacher will be teaching there again this year and he recommended it but I was just curious about the program from a dancer's perspective.  It is a smaller program with about 20 in a class which I think can be better than one of the better known programs where there are 35 in a class.  I thought this was perfect for her first time away.  He said she also would be staying with a parent instead of a dorm which I prefer for the first time too.

The international trip is Korea but now with all that is going on in North Korea there is no way I want to send her to South Korea.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: