Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
emcandance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I’m sick of sewing bra cups in DD costumes. They are all backless and I’m looking for recommendations for a strapless, backless bra for B cup.
We did tape her chest last year and she hated that. She needs support. TIA!
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Maybe I'm not totally understanding what you are asking, but I don't think you can make a backless strapless bra unless it's a sticky bra. 
emcandance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Yes, a sticky bra is what I was referring to. Some have strings that pulls the cups closer together. I’m wondering if that would give any support?
dncemom01

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My daughter is a c/d cup and wears something very similar (it may even be this one) from target

https://www.target.com/p/fashion-forms-women-s-superlite-adhesive-strapless-backless-bra/-/A-13793203#lnk=sametab&preselect=47915229
LilMama

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
My dancer is not at this age yet but would it be inappropriate to go commando with nipple covers?
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We went to target and bought every style of sticky bra and sticky chicken cutlet they sold and dd tried them all on. It was worth the extra $$ to find the one she liked and it lasted the whole competition season.
emcandance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Question: So the sticky ones that have you pull the breast together, does that make a difference with bounce?
Taping them last year helped but we had to re tape her for every dance because it wouldn’t stay.

Thank you everyone!
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMama
My dancer is not at this age yet but would it be inappropriate to go commando with nipple covers?

If she doesn't need any support, it's probably fine to not use nipple covers. Some of them actually show through the costumes, depending on the color of the fabric and the lighting. My DD didn't start using a bra or anything until she was 11, and used the full cup stick-on (individual, not bra) for 2 years until she needed more support. Now we use a bandeau bra, or she sews cups into her costumes. We switched studios, so most of her costumes are much more modest and she can actually wear a supportive sports bra under them. 
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
This is the one my DD wore.  She preferred this one to the one with the sticky cups.  It stuck very well as long as she took care to keep the adhesive covered when not in use.  

https://www.target.com/p/fashion-forms-women-s-adhesive-strapless-backless-bra-nude/-/A-14152680#lnk=sametab&preselect=49160440

DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
we tried everything and had to go with a clear strap.   For some reasons she reacted to all the adhesives. 
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncemom01
My daughter is a c/d cup and wears something very similar (it may even be this one) from target https://www.target.com/p/fashion-forms-women-s-superlite-adhesive-strapless-backless-bra/-/A-13793203#lnk=sametab&preselect=47915229

My dd has this one too.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMama

My dd used them.  The petals.  Even with a very thin material.... couldn't see any outline whatsoever, even up close.  And they did the job well.  Since your dd's a B cup... and support is probably not the issue... it might be worth giving them a try.  They're cheap.  We got dd's at Joanne's (the fabric store).
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcandance
Question: So the sticky ones that have you pull the breast together, does that make a difference with bounce?
Taping them last year helped but we had to re tape her for every dance because it wouldn’t stay.

Thank you everyone!

It helped my dd’s Bounce. She’s a B cup and was in a tap dance. No problem. (This isn’t my team girl...she barely needs anything.)
LilMama

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmom

If she doesn't need any support, it's probably fine to not use nipple covers. Some of them actually show through the costumes, depending on the color of the fabric and the lighting. My DD didn't start using a bra or anything until she was 11, and used the full cup stick-on (individual, not bra) for 2 years until she needed more support. Now we use a bandeau bra, or she sews cups into her costumes. We switched studios, so most of her costumes are much more modest and she can actually wear a supportive sports bra under them. 

Thanks for answering [smile]
emcandance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
DD is a B/C cup and does need the support. Even with sewn in cups in costumes, SO still had the girls taped down. We are trying to avoid the tape this year. I think we will order some of those bras listed above and give them a try.
Thank you again for everyone’s feedback!
emcandance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa745

It helped my dd’s Bounce. She’s a B cup and was in a tap dance. No problem. (This isn’t my team girl...she barely needs anything.)

😊 thank you
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.