Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ChelleB70

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My 13 yo dd is so indecisive it's drives me crazy!  She now 100% does not want to use Evanescence's Lithium for her contemp solo.  She may not even want to do a dark solo. She was thinking of Not About Angels.  Her dt recommended finding a different version bc it's so popular  (yep, listed on the "overused" thread) but the only one she found that she likes makes Birdy's voice sound like a chipmunk and that part is awful.  She also really likes Skipping Stones...

What do you think of this one for contemp?
alingading

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I know that Skinny Love is overused but there is a cover version by Bon Iver that is pretty good.
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alingading
I know that Skinny Love is overused but there is a cover version by Bon Iver that is pretty good.
l

The Bon Iver version is the original, he wrote the song. The Birdie cover came out several years later.
alingading

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingpeanut
l The Bon Iver version is the original, he wrote the song. The Birdie cover came out several years later.

Omg, I seriously have to laugh. I had no idea that the Bon Iver version is the original. There are a few songs of Bon Iver that I like but I'm really not a huge fan. It's so funny to me because I went to high school with Justin Vernon, the lead singer. We were in band together and he played basketball when I was a cheerleader. He was a year younger than me. I could never admit to anyone back home that I'm not a big super fan or I'd be shunned. Lol!
ChelleB70

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
She doesn't like Skinny Love for her solo.  I thought Not About Angels was a good choice bc I hadn't heard it much but I must be mistaken.  I've never heard Skipping Stones before but what do I know? LOL
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: