Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
mommadontdance27

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone! I haven't posted yet, but i've been reading posts for a while now. This summer our family is moving to Augusta Georgia and I was hoping to get some studio suggestions. Currently my daughter is 10, on a competition team, and loves jazz and hiphop. Any suggestions would be appreciated! [smile]
Erika

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Augusta West Dance Studio is a good one. Katherine McCormick grew up there. 

I think there is a Pulse Dance Studio as well. Not sure about the quality of training since it was a newer studio when I was there. 

Augusta Ballet no longer has a professional company but would provide  excellent technical training. 

Hope that helped. Good luck with your move!

beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
....or if you live on the east side of Augusta and want to drive an hour, you can come to my DD's studio! We have two company members that drive from Augusta every day. [wink]
mommadontdance27

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl
....or if you live on the east side of Augusta and want to drive an hour, you can come to my DD's studio! We have two company members that drive from Augusta every day. [wink]

What studio is that? Do you know how long the drive is?
beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Southern Strutt. It's about an hour drive if you live near the SC side of Augusta. PM me if you have any specific questions!
mommadontdance27

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika
Augusta West Dance Studio is a good one. Katherine McCormick grew up there. 

I think there is a Pulse Dance Studio as well. Not sure about the quality of training since it was a newer studio when I was there. 

Augusta Ballet no longer has a professional company but would provide  excellent technical training. 

Hope that helped. Good luck with your move!

Thank you, did your child attend any of these studios?
mommadontdance27

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl
Southern Strutt. It's about an hour drive if you live near the SC side of Augusta. PM me if you have any specific questions!

Just looked up Southern Strutt. Looks like a great studio, but at age 10 I feel like a hour drive is a bit much for dance for my daughter. Thanks again!
beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadontdance27

Just looked up Southern Strutt. Looks like a great studio, but at age 10 I feel like a hour drive is a bit much for dance for my daughter. Thanks again!

You're welcome! I completely get that! Keep us in mind as she gets older if she ends up looking for something more serious! We also have Boot Camp for one week in August if she wants to take a few classes with some awesome choreographers! Good luck with your move and maybe we will see you at competitions!
Erika

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
My daughters attended August West. It's very organized but has a lot of mandatory fundraising. The fund raisers are great if you know people since it helps offset some of the costs but we had to "buy out" most of them since we were new to the area and didn't really know anyone. Overall it was an expensive year for us, but a good experience.

I could PM you any other info if you're interested
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: