Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Interesting...

http://www.playbill.com/article/big-10-top-colleges-currently-represented-on-broadway
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I find it a bit misleading.  While these performers may have attended those colleges/universities, there are some who never actually graduated or are potentially still students.  The article did not specifically say the performers graduated, but they really implied it heavily.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Fwiw...you really do have to be careful about the conclusions you draw from lists such as this.
dancedaughters

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Not sure I would read too much into this.  Most of the schools on the list have highly selective admissions to their acting and musical theater and dance programs.  So they pick the best of the best, and it's no surprise that after college those people are still among the best.  The timing matters - it's a snapshot of one moment in time.  We know a Northwestern grad who was in Shuffle Along - not on this list because it closed a few weeks ago.  So I'm sure the counts for different schools go up and down.

That said, it is true that if you go to any of the schools on this list, you'll be in a place that has trained performers who've gone on to Broadway, and I'm sure that experience informs the training in some ways.
heromom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
My DS graduated from AMDA LA. He was in the commercial dance program but I can tell you that numerous students that graduated while he was there are working on broadway and touring companies as well.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.