Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD16 is at The Movement in Wilmette.  Tonight is her solo and the group dances are tomorrow.

nyklane

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Good Luck!  Our next comps are in May so we have a bit of a break.
jule425

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Just solos at Mark of Excellence this weekend.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Groove for us this weekend. 
jmerritt

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We are at Masquerade in St. Louis this weekend.
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Just a solo at Legacy in NJ. Good luck to everyone competing!
martinlgcb

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
We are at Midwest Starz in Wisconsin Dells
Emmie46

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
We are at Star Systems in Chicago. Solos were last night and we go back on Sunday for the rest of Teen groups.
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Well, we were competing at KAR Minneapolis this weekend. And the epic blizzard hit, so they canceled the rest of today. And maybe tomorrow. No word yet on refunds or credits...(
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmom
Well, we were competing at KAR Minneapolis this weekend. And the epic blizzard hit, so they canceled the rest of today. And maybe tomorrow. No word yet on refunds or credits...(

It must be epic because dance comps hate canceling! Sorry to hear and hope everyone stays safe and warm.
Jinkerbelle

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmie46
We are at Star Systems in Chicago. Solos were last night and we go back on Sunday for the rest of Teen groups. [/QUOTE
Last weekend we were supposed to be at Star Systems in Detroit and they told us we would be competing against ourselves so they canceled and we got refunds. Bummer because I always liked Star Systems a lot! But good luck
LittleMonkeyMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmom

We were at Thunderstruck in Milwaukee this past weekend, and we got hit with some really nasty weather too.  They didn't cancel, but several studios had dancers  missing &/or just scratched dances.  The judges actually acknowledged one line with a special award for going on without a fair number of their dancers. 

Thankfully most of our dancers had stayed at a hotel near the venue, so when the storm hit on Saturday night, we were able to make it without too much trouble. 

I know MN had it WAY worse than WI did - I can only imagine what a difficult call it must have been to cancel.  That just stinks for everyone.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkerbelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmie46
We are at Star Systems in Chicago. Solos were last night and we go back on Sunday for the rest of Teen groups.
Last weekend we were supposed to be at Star Systems in Detroit and they told us we would be competing against ourselves so they canceled and we got refunds. Bummer because I always liked Star Systems a lot! But good luck

Star Systems was super small in Detroit last year too, I think there was only 4 studios. I thought it was because it was Mother's day weekend but it sounds like they had issues this year too.

Groove in Toledo was huge. 19 studios I think. It had some good competition for us and I enjoyed watching some of the other studio's routines. 
Jinkerbelle

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momcrew

Star Systems was super small in Detroit last year too, I think there was only 4 studios. I thought it was because it was Mother's day weekend but it sounds like they had issues this year too.

Groove in Toledo was huge. 19 studios I think. It had some good competition for us and I enjoyed watching some of the other studio's routines. 
Yes it was super small last year on Morher’s Day weekend and we chalked it up to that as well. Now not so sure. But I did notice they are opening another sister competition next year I think so they can’t be doing too bad everywhere else?!?
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkerbelle

Yes it was super small last year on Morher’s Day weekend and we chalked it up to that as well. Now not so sure. But I did notice they are opening another sister competition next year I think so they can’t be doing too bad everywhere else?!?

You can't throw a stone in Detroit on the weekends without hitting a dance competition. I think some do well in this area and others are meh. Star Systems was probably up against some big name comps last weekend which doesn't help. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.