Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Several girls from DS's ballet program are there so I will be watching the live feed.
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
A girl from our studio will be there. We're in California, but her grandparents live in Toronto. They have never seen her dance in person and aren't able to travel due to health issues, so she decided to do YAGP in Toronto this year so her grandparents can watch her dance.
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktyyyyyyy
A girl from our studio will be there. We're in California, but her grandparents live in Toronto. They have never seen her dance in person and aren't able to travel due to health issues, so she decided to do YAGP in Toronto this year so her grandparents can watch her dance.
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
That's awesome. I am sure her grandparents will love it.
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We are. DD10 did her classical this morning. Master classes tomorrow evening. Contemporary piece Sunday afternoon. Clearly no expectations, but she didn't look foolish either. She had the biggest smile during her 39-second songbird variation. Clearly, she loves performing, and I'm glad I'm giving her that opportunity.

Anyone that gets pics on her can see her excitement before going out on stage (she's the tiny one in slippers).

Attached Images
jpeg image.jpeg (257.69 KB, 10 views)

joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phx115
We are. DD10 did her classical this morning. Master classes tomorrow evening. Contemporary piece Sunday afternoon. Clearly no expectations, but she didn't look foolish either. She had the biggest smile during her 39-second songbird variation. Clearly, she loves performing, and I'm glad I'm giving her that opportunity. Anyone that gets pics on her can see her excitement before going out on stage (she's the tiny one in slippers).

Aww, thanks for sharing that picture!  I'm glad her solo went well this morning and she was happy!  That's the most important thing.  [smile]
rmarti123

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
My DD11 is here with her ballet studio. This is her first time at YAGP and her first year at a ballet focused studio. Toronto is a beautiful city but wow the traffic [smile]
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Phx115 - I'm so glad she enjoyed herself!! I'm not a paid member of the site so can't see the photo, unfortunately.
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Good luck to all!
Mitzy

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
How did it go?
rmarti123

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 

For my DD11 she was happy to make the top 12 in both the classical and contemporary pre-competitive.
Since starting at a ballet focused studio in September she has become a totally different dancer and it makes me happy that I pushed her to change studios.
Toronto was incredible. So much to do, and so much activity. I could have done with a little less snow though [wink]
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Congrats rmarti123! Wonderful!
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Congratulations to your DD, rmarti!
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
That's so exciting rmarti! Congrats to your daughter!!
rmarti123

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Thanks prancer and joriebelle and Phx115 [wink]

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.